Party wall from shared freeholders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party wall from shared freeholders

We have a loft conversion planned to our top floor period conversion flat. Party wall agreements are in place with our downstairs neighbours and next door on one side. Next door on the other side are also two flats who share a freehold. The top floor owner has agreed to the work on condition of a schedule of condition being completed for the whole property, which we've agreed to. The downstairs owner is in the process of selling, has already vacated the property himself, and won't respond to our notification. We are due to start mid-October so time is running out now. Anyone have thoughts on options? Is it worth the risk of just starting, with the consent of one of the shared freeholders and a schedule of condition completed?

What does your party wall surveyor suggest?

Comment

The party wall surveyor realised last week that he sent the original notification to only one of the owners so has now restarted the entire process with both owners names on the notification. He is suggesting we go by the book and run the process through. He says that if the neighbour's sale goes through before he responds then we will need to start the entire process again with new neighbours.

Given that these neighbours' flat isn't even on the same level as us, and that we have already agreed to a schedule of condition to cover the entire freehold regardless, I wonder what the actual risk is of just proceeding.

Comment

Isn't it just a case of sending the notices out? If they don't respond then that's their problem.

My understanding is there is no actual 'agreement' to be made as such, just a notification and its acceptance or otherwise.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Planning - Has the Job Stopped
          by Interlaken
          I find in my area that some planning decisions (simple non contentious ones) are taken quite quickly but more complex types that are not particularly beneficial to the community have hung around 2 years or so now for example 22 x 1 bed flats on a small site with no parking or outside space.
          26-11-2021, 10:12 AM
        • Planning - Has the Job Stopped
          by Piffy
          Ia run a small business, my next door neighbour runs a similar business but in a much larger premises, They have a buyer for the site who has made planning application for a totally different use, which if granted will make my business more profitable as my bigger competition will have left.
          They...
          18-11-2021, 13:58 PM
        • Valuation Office not responding
          by Euca1
          Hello

I recently converted a commercial property into 4 new flats. During the construction I contacted the VOA to appeal the non domestic rating and to inform them of a change of use. This was done back in July, I subsequently received an email from an officer who requested further information,...
          22-11-2021, 11:24 AM
        • Reply to Valuation Office not responding
          by Interlaken
          I think you'll find that Covid is the reason one way or another. I find that lots of local gov/gov staff have either resigned/taken redundancy/retired during the last year and they have not been replaced.

It is now nearly 2 years since I tried to get some land I purchased registered in...
          26-11-2021, 09:55 AM
        • When does ignoring planning refusal become lawful?
          by ChrisDennison
          Hi all,

The question is in the title... there‘s a property which had asked for planning consent to replace its windows, this was refused, it went to appeal, the appeal was dismissed by the Inspector. Subsequently the windows were replaced regardless.

I understand there‘s...
          13-11-2021, 21:25 PM
        • Reply to When does ignoring planning refusal become lawful?
          by vmart
          What happens if the Lawful Development Certificate is applied for and refused but no enforcement action is taken? Can the Council take enforcement action related to the Lawful Development Certificate years' later or would they still need to take enforcement action based on the original planning app...
          18-11-2021, 20:34 PM
          by Neelix
          Lots of planning departments have decided they can decide when they want and ignore the x weeks guidance.

lazy civil servants ….....
          18-11-2021, 18:09 PM
          by pilman
          Have you looked on the planning web-site to see if comments have been posted that will indicate the matter is still under consideration?
          18-11-2021, 15:27 PM
        • Mobile home planning permission?
          by Tipper
          Hi all,
          My neighbour has recently placed a mobile home in his field where he keeps 3 old horses.
          It’s in a field on the opposite side of the road from his house and garden and we overlook the field too. Bit of an eyesore really!
          Can he just do that without planning permission?...
          25-10-2021, 09:46 AM
        • Reply to Mobile home planning permission?
          by Piffy
          I was once told by a RTPI Planning Inspector that if someone makes a planning application when it is 3 days before the Planning Meeting the applicant can go to the planning office and ask to see the file. When I did this I was able to see "everything" from letters of objection which said...
          17-11-2021, 17:51 PM
        Working...
        X