Old appurtenant mentioned on LR plan - how to find original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old appurtenant mentioned on LR plan - how to find original?

Not sure this is the right forum but here goes...
    At the end of the back garden of our property (we own the freehold) is a car workshop. They have an iron staircase running up the back of their workshop which overhangs our garden to a width of about a meter and is 4 metres or so long.
    Our lease plan shows our land as extending beneath the staircase clearly identifying it as ours and I've looked at their title deed and plan and it agrees, but listed in the notes section it says that a "Deed of Appurtenant" was raised in 1976 covering this staircase. We have no copy of this deed and neither does the owner of their title so we think it's been lost somewhere in the mists of time. The Land Registry also have no copy of it. The note says:
    "The land has the benefit of as appurtenant to 46 [my redaction] Road the right granted by a Deed dated 6 December 1976 made between (1) [my redaction] (2) [my redaction] Limited (3) [my redaction] Limited (4) Barclays Bank Limited and (5) The Housing Corporation."
    None of the companies whose names I've redacted either exist any more orknow of the deed, Barclays never reply and the Housing Corporation was abolished in 2008.
    Any idea where else I can try to find this deed? We'd just like to see the actual wording of it.
    Ta!

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Old appurtenant mentioned on LR plan - how to find original?
    by malc_p
    Not sure this is the right forum but here goes...
    At the end of the back garden of our property (we own the freehold) is a car workshop. They have an iron staircase running up the back of their workshop which overhangs our garden to a width of about a meter and is 4 metres or so long.
    Our...
    12-09-2021, 15:56 PM
  • Neighbour fencing off lane
    by Flaming Jo
    Hi All

I'm new here, hoping for some advice.

An "unregistered" laneway runs along the bottom of my property, providing vehicular and/or foot access to about 9 houses. We don't open onto it, but drive into it to turn our car for easier access to our angled driveway....
    09-09-2021, 15:08 PM
  • Reply to 2 way access road
    by Neelix
    How many homes ?
    31-08-2021, 18:20 PM
  • 2 way access road
    by Danzka
    Hi everyone, a developer is trying to build behind us but they only have a very narrow access way about 12.5ft wide or 3.8m and about 125ft or 38m long before it widens out again. Is there any legal requirement for the road to be dual carriageway once it gets to a certain length? Many thanks.
    31-08-2021, 14:06 PM
  • Reptiles bite back
    by Neil2011
    Dear All,

My neighbour has had planning permission refused to build two dwellings in their back garden.They let the garden become overgrown and subsequently the land was identified by the council ecology department as being an optimum environment for great crested newts (GCN's) and several...
    26-08-2021, 18:21 PM
  • Reply to Reptiles bite back
    by royw
    I believe he can unless they found any protected species. Might be time to start breeding them in your own garden ready for reintroduction ­čśü
    27-08-2021, 12:14 PM
  • Velux in flat & building regs threat
    by MelanieJG
    We own the leasehold of a flat in an isolated old country house coverted into of five flats. We also have a 1/5 share of the freehold and a Director vote in the manageming company.

Hi I wonder if you can help? Some 3 years back we got the okay from the rest of the property to install a...
    24-08-2021, 22:18 PM
  • Reply to Velux in flat & building regs threat
    by jpucng62
    Did you get building regs? From your description it sounds like it should have been signed off by building control. Whether your neighbour can force the issue or not I don't know, but any solicitor worth their salt will be insisting on a building control certificate when you sell so if you haven't got...
    25-08-2021, 07:05 AM
  • Building work - clash with neigbour - what to do?
    by bigalxyz
    I'm one of the directors of a residents' management company, looking after a leasehold building in London.

We need to do some work on our side wall - damaged brickwork, needs preventative maintenance, also a safety concern because the affected wall looks over the neighbouring house (bits...
    21-08-2021, 16:44 PM
  • Reply to Building work - clash with neigbour - what to do?
    by ram
    No way would a delay in fixing a wall be an objection to his planning application.
    You have to "write" and object to the planning Dep't against the Ref number of the application, and this you have not done.
    Any one person can object.
    Yes the Management company can object,...
    22-08-2021, 08:46 AM
Working...
X