Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazzythumper
    replied
    Is your home a freehold / share of the freehold or leasehold, do you have the necessary consents from the freeholder (this may of course be you) to have made these alterations?

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    From the information you have given it sounds like the only issue is the new window. The internal layout and a new stud wall and door is no concern of land registry or planning / building control.
    If it's been there four years then you just need lawful development certificate from council and if you don't have a fensa certificate from the installer then you also need building control to approve . You will have to pay for both and it may take some time.
    Personally , I would find a new agent and keep quiet about the whole thing !!

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    Dear Ash 72
    many thanks.much appreciated.
    No conservation area. No wall taken down.
    just additional window installed. Nothing else.
    if I get retrospective approval from building control, would that be enough for advertising as a 3 bed ?
    how quickly the building regularisation is obtained usually if all good?
    also if going through the solicitor etc how long?

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    There are many things that may have been breached, for example if the property is in a conservation area, the new window you installed could be intruding into a neighbours line of sight, if the wall you have taken down was a structural wall. You need to go through planning, once approved, go through building regs to ensure the property is constructed and conforms to current regs, you then need to contact the VOA who will revalue/classify the property with the additional room (you need to submit plans for the new layout), The deeds of the property would need to be amended with a solictor, they will not amend them without the correct paperwork and permissions granted.

You can go for a consultation prior to putting in a full application, which you will see if it is likely to be passed (you will be charged for this) otherwise it may be worth just reverting it back to how it was and selling it, you would not get the best price as any conveyancer would pick up on this, and the buyer may re-negotiate the price based on the risk on purchasing it.

Next time consult planning to get an indication before investing and developing a property.

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    Anyone done this before?

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    The bedroom is a good size

Leave a comment:

• Neelix
    replied
    Isn’t there a minimum size for a bedroom?

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    Hello
    i bought two bed house, extended to three.
    want to sell it now.
    what should I do?
    all documents says it’s two bed freehold, not three.
    do I only need building regulations approvals or something else?
    I would really appreciate your help.
    many many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    Apparently the deed has to be amended. It says it’s two bed , not three. I called Land Reg but they said it’s nothing to do with them.
    anyone done this before?

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    Thank you soooo sooo much. I am in breach with building control. Can I apply for the permission retrospectively? Building control etc?

Leave a comment:

• pilman
    replied
    If there are three physical bedrooms then there is no reason why it cannot be advertised as a three bedroom house.

As explained earlier Permitted Development rights are those rights granted planning permission by the Government, so your changes have been granted planning permission by The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015.

You may be in breach of building control, unless the window was installed by a FENSA installer, but that does not prevent the house now being advertised as a three bedroom dwelling.

It may be the situation that the estate agent is deliberately under valuing the house for sale to someone known to the estate agent.
    That was often the case when an unscrupulous agent was instructed to act for an unsuspecting seller.

Perhaps you should instruct the agent to advertise it correctly because now it is a three bedroom house.

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    replied
    Could anyone help me please.
    many many thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Margaret.d
    started a topic Converting 2 bed to 3

Converting 2 bed to 3

Two bedroom into 3 bedroom without applying for the permission
    X
    We split master bedroom into 2 bedrooms. We added a window etc... but we never applied for the permission. Now we put the house for sale. The agent said we could only advertise as a 2 bedroom. The price is VERY low. What to do now? What do I have to do? Step by step? How long it will take? Retrospective planning permission? Or retrospective building control permission? And after do I need solicitor to amend on paper as a proper three bedroom? I really really don’t know what to do..please help me if you know what to do. Many many thanks in advance.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X