Cladding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cladding

I currently own a terraced property that has only 1 brick skin, with the outer skin consisting of wooden shiplap cladding. The cladding is in need of replacement and I'm wondering if their is anything in current building regs that will stop me from replacing it with the same wooden cladding.

How tall is your building?

Comment

Just a standard house, ground floor and first floor, not sure about the actual height.

Comment

This should help you

https://www.woodcampus.co.uk/new-gui...e-regulations/

&

https://www.woodcampus.co.uk/approve...e-safety-2019/

Comment

Thanks for that, looks like I'm clear to proceed.
          Edit: having said that, taking a quick look at the cost of fire retardant it may be cheaper to brick it up!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Neighbour fencing off lane
            by pilman
            Did you made an application to Land Registry for a Search of the Index map to establish that the lane remains unregistered?

Can you verify from that person's register of title whether there is a right of way granted over the back road for his property?

Someone who takes possession...
            16-09-2021, 14:05 PM
          • Neighbour fencing off lane
            by Flaming Jo
            Hi All

I'm new here, hoping for some advice.

An "unregistered" laneway runs along the bottom of my property, providing vehicular and/or foot access to about 9 houses. We don't open onto it, but drive into it to turn our car for easier access to our angled driveway....
            09-09-2021, 15:08 PM
          • Old appurtenant mentioned on LR plan - how to find original?
            by malc_p
            Not sure this is the right forum but here goes...
            At the end of the back garden of our property (we own the freehold) is a car workshop. They have an iron staircase running up the back of their workshop which overhangs our garden to a width of about a meter and is 4 metres or so long.
            Our...
            12-09-2021, 15:56 PM
          • Reply to Old appurtenant mentioned on LR plan - how to find original?
            by pilman
            The first question I would ask would be when did you acquire the freehold of your property?
            The next question is why have you have stated that you own the freehold and that there is a lease plan?
            The third question is have you obtained a copy of the Garage deeds.

The existence...
            16-09-2021, 13:48 PM
          • 2 way access road
            by Danzka
            Hi everyone, a developer is trying to build behind us but they only have a very narrow access way about 12.5ft wide or 3.8m and about 125ft or 38m long before it widens out again. Is there any legal requirement for the road to be dual carriageway once it gets to a certain length? Many thanks.
            31-08-2021, 14:06 PM
          • Reply to 2 way access road
            by Neelix
            How many homes ?
            31-08-2021, 18:20 PM
          • Reptiles bite back
            by Neil2011
            Dear All,

My neighbour has had planning permission refused to build two dwellings in their back garden.They let the garden become overgrown and subsequently the land was identified by the council ecology department as being an optimum environment for great crested newts (GCN's) and several...
            26-08-2021, 18:21 PM
          • Reply to Reptiles bite back
            by royw
            I believe he can unless they found any protected species. Might be time to start breeding them in your own garden ready for reintroduction ­čśü
            27-08-2021, 12:14 PM
          • Velux in flat & building regs threat
            by MelanieJG
            We own the leasehold of a flat in an isolated old country house coverted into of five flats. We also have a 1/5 share of the freehold and a Director vote in the manageming company.

Hi I wonder if you can help? Some 3 years back we got the okay from the rest of the property to install a...
            24-08-2021, 22:18 PM
          • Reply to Velux in flat & building regs threat
            by jpucng62
            Did you get building regs? From your description it sounds like it should have been signed off by building control. Whether your neighbour can force the issue or not I don't know, but any solicitor worth their salt will be insisting on a building control certificate when you sell so if you haven't got...
            25-08-2021, 07:05 AM
          Working...
          X