Can a storage unit door open onto the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a storage unit door open onto the road?

I have a silly neighbour, they built a cupboard in the front garden for storage, except the door opens on to the street. It has n't been constructed well. It is an eyesore.

I don't mind what people do to their homes, but it is a poor quality job. They have used grey tape to secure panels and water proof panels. Looks like they have done it on the cheap and a bad diy job.

Is this a planning issue or a highways issue? What can I do?

It's their shed on their property.

Other than you not liking the look of it why do you want to do anything?
    I don't mind what people do to their homes,...

Comment

it's a planning issue as they cant build in front of the principal elevation of their house. Although if a small cupboard then what's the issue?

Comment

I suppose the other question is how long as it been there, and will it stay there (it sounds temporary)?

It may just be temporary so that delivery drivers can drop things off out of the rain?
        We are all having a lot more things delivered because the non-essential shops are closed. (Amazon et-al are making a fortune out of it).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Threatened enforcement proceeding
          by Out of my depth
          We built a house, conditions were signed off and completion certificate issued. Now local authority say that we breached planning as we did not build a bin store. This was one of the conditions but we did not realise that it was supposed to be built first. House was sold over 2 years ago. What can...
          12-05-2021, 18:49 PM
        • Reply to Threatened enforcement proceeding
          by Out of my depth
          Thanks for your response. Does it make any difference that the completion cert was issued in 2016? We are still on contact with the New owners so If the LA insist it is done, we will probably contact the owners and admit our mistake and explain that we will undertake the work. It has to be brick built....
          13-05-2021, 00:17 AM
        • Reply to Threatened enforcement proceeding
          by pilman
          If you no longer own the house an enforcement notice will be served on the current owners.

if you have a guilty conscience about not erecting a bin store, you can always buy a plastic bin store and gift it to the current owners of the house, although that may depend on what was shown on...
          13-05-2021, 00:05 AM
        • Refused change of use and planning
          by John_faz
          About planning refusal for change of use.
          hi pilmen can you help me
          Back in 2014 I purchased some land adjacent to my property. This land has always been maintained by council although they didn’t own it. 2 years ago they informed me I was now responsible for maintenance of land. Last...
          06-05-2021, 20:05 PM
        • Reply to Refused change of use and planning
          by pilman
          You may want to ask the council what legal right it has to tell you to maintain privately owned land that has trees growing on it.

Unless there is Tree Protection Order on any of the trees, I cannot think what legislation would give a local council any power to insist that you maintain...
          13-05-2021, 00:00 AM
        • Change to use
          by Ardi
          I am landlord in one house with some one.We want to apply to change use from House to day nursery.
          what application is this,because i didn’t find it.
          thank you
          11-05-2021, 23:14 PM
        • Reply to Change to use
          by pilman
          It will be a full application for a change of use from Use Class C3 Dwellinghouse to a use Class E (f) Creche, day nursery or day centre (not including a residential use))
          The Application Fee required is £462.
          12-05-2021, 23:48 PM
          by John_faz
          The council informed me in writing I would need to maintain land and trees were my responsibility....
          11-05-2021, 19:36 PM
          by Claymore
          I've just looked at the planning refusal letter. What cheeky rat bags.

They admit the land is yours but say you can't erect fence or garage because its a loss of open space. Yet their own words confirm you are the landowner - its your space!

Personally, I would put up a small...
          11-05-2021, 19:34 PM
        Working...
        X