Re-allocating parking areas between two neighbouring properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-allocating parking areas between two neighbouring properties

I own two properties next door to each other on separate title deeds. Each have parking areas accessed from a shared driveway (both have full access rights over this shared area). I’m looking to swap the parking areas around so I maintain the double parking area from the other property and assign my single space to that one.

The reason for the change is the retained house is of higher value so more important to have the extra parking.

Does anyone know what is involved in adjusting the title deeds and plans to re-allocate the land between the two properties?

Many thanks

Does anyone know what is involved in adjusting the title deeds and plans to re-allocate the land between the two properties?
    Two sets of accurately drawn plans at a highest possible scale and two applications to change the registers of title for each property will be required.
    The areas of land to be transferred have to be shown on the plans and all necessary rights written into the transfer forms regarding access to each of the properties if that becomes necessary.

A successful application will result in new registers and title plan being issued.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have read that it isn't possible to transfer land to yourself, would this apply for this scenario?

Comment

Read the response on Garden Law about your same query,. now that I realise that you do not need to do anything until you sell the house.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X