Secure Shed on Land Between Buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure Shed on Land Between Buildings

I own and live in a leasehold flat. I’m looking at getting a new motorbike and although I can use bike covers and stuff but I would like something more substantial to protect it. Between the building my flat is a part of and the building next door is a section of land which is gated off at one end and fenced off from the street at the other. Looking at the land registry documents I have it looks like this land is part of the freehold for the building my flat is a part of and that it was once an access path that has been given up as access. Currently the land is becoming over grown and isn’t used for anything and I would like to erect a temporary metal shed (such as an Asgard shed) on this land and generally give the land some TLC and maintenance to make it look somewhat nicer. I also live in a conservation area so I understand I would need to consult the local planning department anyway but how and who would I go about asking for permission to use this land for this purpose?

Forget planning department, just ask freeholder, or just do it and take the risk you might be asked to move it later

Comment

When you contact the freeholder ask if you can have a license to use the land and locate a small bike storage shed on it, That may be something that can be settled quite quickly if you agree to pays a small sum of money for a licence.
      Asking that this land be added to an existing Lease agreement is probably more costly and not likely to be well received.

The previous responder also puts forward a possible alternative. " just do it and take the risk" especially if this type of shed can easily be moved.

Comment

Not answering your question, but just to say I have 2 Asgard sheds and also advised purchase of one for a local sports club. They are great sheds. They go together easily, they are very secure, and they can be taken down, moved and rebuilt in an hour (at least the cycle sheds can).

So if you do decide to site a shed - Good choice to go for.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X