5 Year Private Property Licence Ended After One Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Year Private Property Licence Ended After One Year

Hi All, I could really use some guidance in a matter relating to the above. We were told by our agency handling our property that we needed to obtain a licence through the council. I did my research and asked all the relevant questions and found out that the licence will cost 650 for five years. Sounds reasonable I guess. At no stage during the process did anyone mention that the scheme would last for another year before ending and we would have to reapply and repay for the licence for another 5 years. Its all very frustrating. I have made a complaint to the Council regarding this and am hoping for them to offer a prorata sum which will enable us to continue using our full five years as per what we agreed to. I feel that we have been held at ransom. Pay or face a penalty. Is there an independent reviwer for this kind of thing that will help us?

Kind Regards

AK

Surely if you have a licence for 5 years...you have a licence for 5 years?

Why would you need to renew it?

I assume you have a paper licence to prove this?

Comment

Yes there is the local government ombudsman but you need to follow the LA complaint procedure first.

Comment

Tipper,

Yes, thats what we thought. We were also told the licence was for 5 years. At no time did anyone tell us that there was only year left in the scheme and we would still have to pay. I would have waited for the new scheme.

The paperwork shows the expiry date as this year but i simply thought we had to renew every year for census reasons and thought nothing of it. We were simply not told anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
          Yes there is the local government ombudsman but you need to follow the LA complaint procedure first.
          Yes I am lodged a official complaint through the council. but its reassuring to know that there is an ombudsman.

Comment

I made a complaint to the ombudsman which was successful. My council was really annoyed as they had refused to show me a copy of a document and the Ombudsman forced them to send her a copy which she forwarded to me.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X