Ground floor flat height boundary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground floor flat height boundary

I own the ground floor flat of a terraced house in London. Each flat in the house owns a share of the freehold. I would like to do a side return and rear extension into my garden, only problem is the first floor flat above us has a small balcony attached to the rear exterior wall which hangs down fairly low. Having this balcony in place will make it very tricky to add the extension to my flat. I would like to know how the height boundaries work with separate flats. Essentially what I want to find out is the balcony attached to my part of the exterior wall. Any help on this would be great. Thanks

Without seeing the lease we can't say but you can't just go ahead and build on land or in space that does not belong to you. You will likely need to get consent of all the flats and pay them money (and the cost of a lease variation to reflect your higher service charge %. You are not likely to have any ownership of private "external walls" so it is not meaningful to ask whether the balcony attaches to "yours"

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X