Building Regulations Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building Regulations Certificate

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but what are the circumstances to obtain a Buildings Regulations Certificate? For example building a house, an extension, fitting a new boiler, installing a new light fitting, replacing a light bulb etc?
    I currently rent out 2 properties and own another. I'm not a new landlord, but I don't believe I have a Building Regulations Certificate for any of them - is this something new?

Contact the planning office at your local Council offices they have a building regulations team.

Comment

Generally Yes for the first 2, sometimes for 3, very unlikely for 4 and no for 5.

Comment

A house extension should have a building regs cert , have you had an extension done or planning one

The installer of the boiler should organise the building regs cert , if you don`t have one them contact the installer who can arrange

we have recently done this as realised ewe had no cert , it was done pretty quickly . unfortunately on another property the installer was too old and i couldn`t contact and we will be organising an indemnity policy to cover this when property is sold

you certainly don`t need regs cert for changing a bulb

Comment

Any building work that needs to involve Building Control should have a certificate and those areas of work where the installer can self certify: so...building work including new bathroom / toilet etc; installation of a new boiler; installation of major electrical work; installation of windows & doors.

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. I've had 2 boilers replaced by different installers over the last 6 years, but not received a Building Regulations Certificate from either one. I didn't ask the installers about it at the time as I was unaware of the need. Although they did provide Gas Safe Reports as requested, they didn't mention anything about Building Regulations Certificates and I suppose it's too late now.

Comment

No not too late. We had the same situation for our three holiday lets.

We pressed the installer to register the new boilers with Gas Safe who in turn send certification to the local Building Regs which is what they are supposed to do upon installation, assuming they are qualified and 'Gas Safe' registered. The installer insisted on a formal inspection, to check that there had been no changes to the boilers, and then registered them as he should have done in the first place.

I never understood why the installer didn't do it in the first place, saving a few £s I suppose.

Comment

just to clarify, are you saying that if a boiler is replaced (not installed where there wasn't one before) then you should have a building regs cert as a result?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X