Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaseholder64
    replied
    I think there may already have been an unsafe modification, in that the kitchen door seems to have been removed. I'd expect that to be a fire door.

If this is on the 27th floor, I'd say you were definitely creating an unsafe inner room, as the escape root passes through two high risk areas.

Leave a comment:

• slix_88
    replied
    Hello

Sorry, thought I'd bump this! I'd be very keen to get any input on this.

Thanks,
    Simon

Leave a comment:

• slix_88
    started a topic 1 bed to 2 bed conversion

1 bed to 2 bed conversion

Hi all

First time poster here after lurking on these forums for the past week. I've just put an offer on a large 800+ sqft 1 bedroom flat and was hoping to get your input with regards to the Building Regulations. For a moment, I am assuming the landlord / freeholder may refuse consent under the lease but since these changes are an "improvement", they can't unreasonably deny consent. Even if they do, tribunal / court appeal will likely approve if the plans meet the Building Regs.

In essence, I'm looking to divide the open-plan living area into a bedroom with a permanent wall put up. Furthermore, I am looking to install a shower in the second bathroom (which may mean I would need to turn the toilet to meet the 750mm threshold). The living + kitchen space is expected to be 26sqm+ and bedroom 12sqm+ so no real concerns with regards to min building size requirements (as far as I'm aware). My only concern would be fire safety concerning doc B which is the main reason for me seeking advice here.

The floorplan of the flat is attached with outlines in red for the proposed partition. Also a link to it here: https://imgur.com/a/ytU3aDy

Reading the approved doc B, it goes into some detail about loft conversions being permitted with certain conditions being met around having a sprinkler system and fire resisting partition. However, there's less specificity around open-plan living conversions. Also, I'm not sure whether this would create an "inner room" given the various access points.

As part of my build, I am planning to use a fire resisting partition. Furthermore, the kitchen has a fire sprinkler in place and a fire alarm. The area proposed for bedroom #2 also has a fire sprinkler installed. There is an alternative exit out of the flat through the wrap-around balcony, going through the first bedroom.

Is there any way my plan would pass mustard?

Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X