Compulsory Purchase Order to Nonresident Leasholders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compulsory Purchase Order to Nonresident Leasholders

Hi all. I own an excouncil flat in a block managed by council. A few year ago, thry underwent renovation charging my seller 26k to replace pvc windows and doors, and it's a 3 bed duplex. You know what it is. Since 2 years ago they started regenerating talks. Last year they issued a report on the scheme, in which resident homeowners can swap to new built while nonresident homeowners will be issued CPO with 10% home loss compensation. If I wanted I have to move there to live after sorting out my btl mortgage. But is there away for nonresident homeowners to request to have the rights as resident homeowners? To be treated the same? The fact is it's not a road project so they don't have any properties to provide to us. It's inequal treatments as they will build a huge complex from 9+ council buildings. Thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Picket fence
    by toulon
    I want to turf my lawn, plant shrubs and erect a 500 mm high wooden picket fence.
    I have been shielding due to health issues and tenants who rent in adjacent properties let their dogs foul on my lawn.
    I want to use the garden safely, its part of my leasehold and deed. The lease says...
    22-01-2021, 14:34 PM
  • Reply to Picket fence
    by theartfullodger
    Front or back lawn? Or both?

Councils may have guidance on height of fences in different areas...
    22-01-2021, 15:12 PM
  • Reply to Picket fence
    by Jon66
    Why not ask the freeholders permission? That would seem the most pragmatic solution....
    22-01-2021, 14:42 PM
  • Add a porch
    by Arvid Li
    I want to add a porch to external door of my house
    Do I need to request for inspection the Porch (the Porch is under exempt from building regulation approval) by Building Control Surveyor?
    If yes, could you advice me the procedure of request for inspection, Many Thanks
    12-01-2021, 08:34 AM
  • Reply to Add a porch
    by Echoes
    Does this apply to conservatory or orangery at the back of the house as well? Do we need some kind of permission or certificate before/after the development if its not affecting any of your neighbours? Thanks
    21-01-2021, 18:13 PM
  • Reply to Excessive garage height
    by Interlaken
    Take photos and write to the Chief Planning Officer giving full details and say why you are unsatisfied at the lack of consultation and the outcome. If you don't get satisfaction write to the Planning Inspectorate - find out where yours is. If you win your case the council have to pay to have the...
    21-01-2021, 17:25 PM
  • Excessive garage height
    by Neil2011
    Dear All,

The end of my garden backs onto a private access lane. At the bottom of a majority of gardens there are garages that back onto the lane the garages are between 3-3.5 meters in height. This is mirrored on the opposite side of the lane.

The house opposite mine...
    21-01-2021, 08:35 AM
    by Neil2011
    Dear All,

Many thanks for your replies. After talking to the planning office it appears that three neighbours did receive notice via post back in 2019. They did not think it necessary to check the height mentioned in the plans .I find it strange that I did not even though I am obviously...
    21-01-2021, 12:09 PM
    by Interlaken
    I think that is disgraceful. I help run a community forum that polices planning app notices stringently...amongst other things....
    21-01-2021, 11:27 AM
  • Reply to Neighbour wants to use my planned extension to build double story extension.
    by Lawcruncher
    Your lease includes the garden. Unless the lease provides otherwise, this will include all the airspace over the ground. Accordingly, you have complete control over the airspace which will be above the proposed extension.
    21-01-2021, 10:08 AM
Working...
X