Invalid planning condition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid planning condition

If a planning condition appears invalid is it possible to challenge so it has no effect?

We were told we could apply for a development certificate but would prefer to remove the condition.

Best to speak with the planning officer - it might be that the condition is a generic condition, and appears on first reading to be invalid, but in fact is a coverall that can be applied to various circumstances.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

In what way does the condition appear invalid?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Planning rules for canopies - help please
          vmart
          We want to install a patio canopy above a patio door leading to our garden. We have been looking at different options including verandas. To clarify the structure will only have a roof (glass as we believe polycarbonate roofs create too much noise when it rains) and posts to support it. We've discarded...
          17-10-2019, 12:17 PM
        • Reply to Planning rules for canopies - help please
          pilman
          You have already answered your own question by acknowledging that there is no permitted development rights for a flat.

That means all development needs to be granted planning permission by the local planning authority.

The only concession is that a householder application costs...
          17-10-2019, 12:32 PM
        • Planning application not decided for 4 years
          lucylee
          I have a planning application which has been sitting undecided for 4+ years which I believed has been approved.

I've done some of the development as I was lead to believe planning was authorised as additional information was requested at the time and supplied.
          I had nothing to request...
          15-10-2019, 20:12 PM
        • Reply to Planning application not decided for 4 years
          pilman
          When the application had not been decided within the 8 week period allowed for after an application has been verified by the local planning authority, the applicant can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate to have the matter decided on appeal against non determination of the application.
          That is...
          17-10-2019, 12:25 PM
        • Adverse possession
          michael8626
          Hi

If somebody was occupying land in adverse possession for a period of say 2005 to 2015 but never made a claim and then the land owner used the land for some time in 2016, then the original person in AP occupied from 2017 to date could they still claim AP with the Land Registry?
          11-10-2019, 13:38 PM
        • Reply to Adverse possession
          Jon66
          There are transitional rules, it's in a practice direction. The dates are v important. Just google it....
          14-10-2019, 02:02 AM
          michael8626
          Also Jon, I think I might have my dates wrong and this relates to just before this act was passed, so I might be under the old AP rules, did they differ much under the new system?...
          13-10-2019, 23:20 PM
          michael8626
          That’s great Jon, thanks. I will have a read. Am I right in thinking the law changed regarding AP around 2002/2003 or was that just for unregistered land?...
          13-10-2019, 23:12 PM
          Jon66
          Perhaps your solicitor should respond to the other side drawing their attention to the additional requirements the applicant will have to fulfil under the LRA 2002 Schedule 6 paragraph 5, because any application under para 1 will be vigorously defended as neither do they fulfil that criteria either....
          13-10-2019, 21:40 PM
          michael8626
          Yes, I think that’s where we are at. Bring the situation to a head or hopefully to a close....
          13-10-2019, 21:22 PM
        Working...
        X