X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flats with no windows under PD

A little piece in the Watford Observer:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/ne...atford-appeal/

Clearly they will not be legally lettable as proposed.

Are they playing Planning Games, do you think - eg to establish the principle of residential?

ML

Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

I would assume they will fail to get building regulations approval.

Comment

Originally posted by midlandslandlord View Post
      Are they playing Planning Games, do you think - eg to establish the principle of residential?
      I'd say almost certainly.

The developer will presumably now submit an application for external alterations to the building, which will include windows. Given that the principle of conversion to residential has now been established, the council can't refuse permission on the grounds "we don't want it to be resi", and there probably won't be any other grounds under which they could refuse.

Comment

So far as I am aware , bathroom and kitchens without windows are allowed.

But living rooms and bedrooms must have a window .

I wonder if mortgage lenders have any guide lines on window requirements ?

Presumably a room without window can become a death trap if the oxygen in the room is consumed .

Comment

In practice with double glazing many people don't rely on windows for air exchange.

However carbon dioxide will probably incapacitate you before you run out of oxygen (think Apollo 13. (I don't mean carbon monoxide.)

As well as the problems from mould, I do suspect a lot of rented properties have too low air exchange rates for good health.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X