Private Investigator To Trace Fraudulent Builder,,,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 'Cowboy Builders' still running on Channel 5?

Maybe not a bad idea to contact one of those TV programmes, if he's defrauded your F-i-L then he won't be the only victim.

Comment

There are quite a few people finding services, and I would use one of them rather than pay a private investigator.
      Some of them advertise on this website in the directory section.

You could commence legal action to recover the money using the address from companies house.
      That's a legitimate address for the service of legal documents.
      You might not get a response and win the case by default - which doesn't actually get you any of the money back, but it does start the process should the guy ever resurface.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Here are the full details,,,,
        https://wordpress.com/view/trystanjode.wordpress.com

Comment

A few points to consider;

1. That link requires a login to view, I suspect your login unless there is some way to 'share' files on that site.
          2. The link appears to include a real name, not a good idea.
          3. If the information in that link is in any way libellous or identifies people / companies etc. then LLZ cannot be expected to be involved in any legal issues that might result, and therefor the link will simply be removed.
          I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Ok islandgirl, thanks for you advice. I'm not sure what to do, I'm just trying to find some help or advice. All the names have been changed in my account. But I think that I would welcome this builder trying to sue me for libel, as then I could stand in court and have my say about what he has done. All my accounts are fully truthful, and I will happily repeat them under oath.

Comment

The problem is that the builder can sue the web site as well, and they could be an easier target.

Comment

I think many of us would like to read the story (with names removed) but cannot access the blog
                Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X