Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning advice - Dormer Roof Extension

Dear Colleagues,

I want to apply for planning permission for a 'Dormer Roof Extension' with Newham Council. I am confused about what is required ( even after reading their guidance notes ). The application requires Site Plans and Block plans, what I wanted to ask was:

1) Do I also need to submit an elevational plan with dimensions ? - if so, is there a way of doing these myself ? or recommend a reputable company in East London that has been successful with these applications.
    2) Will this require full planning or can I apply for outline planning permission ?.
    2) Is the 'Deposit of Full Plan Application' form the one I need?.

I have looked up the above on their website but it does not make it clear how to go about it.

Any advice appreciated.

Have you tried emailing the council?

Normally the company who is going to be principal designer for the work would provide elevations.

I would guess you would want Domestic planning permission.

Comment

This might be a stupid question, but aren't dormers almost always within Permitted Development (and therefore don't require planning permission at all)?

Perhaps you're in a conservation area / Article 4 direction area, of course, or you're talking about a front dormer (which would require p.p.).

Comment

Not if they are on front elevation and project more than 15cm. I can't imagine a sensible extension that projects less than 15cm.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
          Not if they are on front elevation and project more than 15cm. I can't imagine a sensible extension that projects less than 15cm.
          Indeed - but front dormers are a relatively unusual proposition, which is why I queried it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X