New Lease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lease

Is it worth drawing up your own lease or leave it to a solicitor?

Best to leave it to a solicitor, in my opinion. You can always give the solicitor an idea of the kind of things that you want to be included in the lease.

Comment

Do not draw up your own lease, as you wont have a clue.

Simple as that.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• digging basement under FH house
        HP mum
        I own a FH property and am planning to renovate it. It is a 3 floor property with garages at ground level. One of the garages is held on a Lease by s/o else - but I own the FH. I want to create a basement dig under the whole FH, including the leasehold garage. Initial talks with my lawyer suggests...
        09-02-2018, 12:36 PM
      • Reply to digging basement under FH house
        mk1fan
        Adding two storeys onto an existing property may elliviate the 'scurge' of basement conversions but it is more than likely that the existing structure will require strengthening. So underpinning and buttressing. Basement would be cheap by comparrison.
        20-02-2018, 15:04 PM
        HP mum
        Thanks - yes I have asked regularly but the leaseholder isn't interested. Shame.
        They may change their mind eventually. But for the moment I am exploring the idea of digging below it rather than incorporating it.
        20-02-2018, 10:39 AM
        Lorimer
        Just a thought. As the leasehold garage at ground floor level has not been used in years, how about buying it? That way, you won't need to excavate a basement to get the additional living space that you want. You could just incorporate the ground floor level garage space into your house or convert it...
        20-02-2018, 06:59 AM
        HP mum
        Thanks MK1. Ironically I have been put through almost 5 years of building work (noise/ disruption) by the same neighbour. They didnt live in it but we had to 'endure' builders all this time.
        This is still a little dream I want to explore.
        Also of interest is Sajid Javid - Secretary...
        20-02-2018, 00:10 AM
      • Easement rights
        Neil2011
        Hello all,

I own a freehold end of terrace circa 1917 house. The rear of the property ( a garden with a garage at the end) backs onto a un-tarmacked narrow lane with no drainage. Mine and other property deeds state I have unhindered access for a horse and cart. The lane is shared with a...
        13-02-2018, 22:54 PM
      • Reply to Easement rights
        pilman
        The easement was granted for the benefit of each property, so unless there was specific wording used in 1917 that use was for private dwelling houses only there would be no logical reason why a change of use of garden land would serve to extinguish the right of way.

Only the owner of the...
        17-02-2018, 18:13 PM
      • Payment of CIL
        MickyV
        I am pretty new to development have just built some flats where the Planning Permission came with a CIL liability. I paid the first CIL installment as required and the final installment is not due until May. However, the flats are ready for sale. Will a buyer need me to have paid the CIL before...
        17-02-2018, 11:58 AM
      • Help with Inclosure Award private road
        gamba
        Can anyone assist with a road awarded by Inclosure 1809? This road I use to access my property, was by evidenced as pre-existing way to old and ancient inclosures over which the Commissioners set-out a private carriage and driftroad 20 ft wide. Lord of The Manor compensated for his loss, surveyor of...
        12-02-2018, 20:39 PM
      • New Sash Windows and wooden frames
        Londondev
        Hi All,

New to this site and hoping someone can advise. Have purchased a property in Greenwich which I'm fully renovating inside out pending planning perm. It is part of a conservation area therefore will need new sash Windows and wood frames. I have had a 3-4 quotes ranging from £12k...
        10-02-2018, 12:11 PM
      Working...
      X