New Lease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lease

Is it worth drawing up your own lease or leave it to a solicitor?

Best to leave it to a solicitor, in my opinion. You can always give the solicitor an idea of the kind of things that you want to be included in the lease.

Comment

Do not draw up your own lease, as you wont have a clue.

Simple as that.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Licence to alter
        Affinity
        Hello,

I would like your view.
        In a licence to alter, is the following timeline pretty standard?
        - for the works must be started within six months from completion of the licence
        - to be completed within 12 months from completion of the licence

12 months...
        20-01-2019, 08:28 AM
      • Reply to Licence to alter
        Affinity
        Much appreciated. Thank you, Lawcruncher
        20-01-2019, 13:44 PM
        Lawcruncher
        Definitely not. The time limit is not too long for a conversion. It allows for all the sort of delays that can occur. If I were acting for a leaseholder I would go for belt and braces and be looking for a bit longer. In fact I am not sure a time limit is really needed. More important is to provide that...
        20-01-2019, 12:54 PM
        Affinity
        Thank you, Lawcruncher.
        Do you consider converting the loft into a second bedroom and bathroom something minor?

Your view is appreciated. Many thanks
        20-01-2019, 12:36 PM
        Lawcruncher
        Depends on the nature of the works, but I would not say it is too long for anything other than something very minor.
        20-01-2019, 10:15 AM
      • Front garden decking
        trishd
        This is the front garden of a groundfloor garden flat. I have decked an area with level ground wooden decking. Should I have applied for planning permission.It a house which was converted into 2 flats some time ago
        16-01-2019, 18:52 PM
      • Reply to Front garden decking
        Tipper
        When we added a 'raised' deck we were told it needed pp due to the impact on neighbouring properties, ie looking into their gardens/windows.

Presumably if it is at ground level then it is just the change of surface treatment so pp not necessary.
        18-01-2019, 14:28 PM
        leaseholder64
        Although the flooding issue is the one that has resulted in changes in the permitted development rules (ignored by the cowboy front yard concreters) there is another concern about destroying wildlife corridors.

You should also check the original planning consent for conditions. Even for...
        18-01-2019, 10:47 AM
        MisterB
        i agree with the previous comment.
        so long as water can drain onto and into the ground below, I don't see it as an issue. there has been lots of concern over the last few years re turning front gardens into non permeable surfaces and resulting in rain water being directed into sewers which are...
        18-01-2019, 09:29 AM
        Hollywood
        I do not think PP is required, I see this as a free standing temporary structure.
        17-01-2019, 18:50 PM
      Working...
      X