Purpose built block of flats - how to find out when consent for alteration was given.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpose built block of flats - how to find out when consent for alteration was given.

Purpose built flats, 36 x 2 bedroom built in the 60’s. 8 of theses flats have been altered so that they are 4 x 3 bed and 4 x 1 bed. How can I find out when these alterations were carried out and what permission was granted?

i have a copy of a lease for one of the 3 bed and the service percentage payment still says 1/36, and a 1 bed says 1/45 yet the accounts show these altered flats paying varying amounts. Should all of the leases have been varied at the time of the changes?

thanks

Moderator: I think this is the same issue as https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...s-it-equal-100, and may need merging.

What does the title plan (£3), at the Land Registry, show for one of the three bedroom flats? If it doesn't show the current extent, you have a mess. If it does, look at the date and attempt to get the lease and lease variations from the Land Registry, rather from hand me downs.

I have assumed that a room was transferred from one flat to another, so the outline of the flat on the plan would change.

If the one bedroom flat says 1/45, it sounds like that lease was updated.

Once new leases are issued, and not sure you really need any consent document, as the lease variation implies the landlord's consent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X