'Administrative Fee' Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaseholder64 - There is no other clause in the lease relating to subletting.

Gordon999- There's nothing about paying a fee in the lease, they are calling it an administrative charge in the letter. Thanks I'll ask for a letter, I'm sure they will have one. I agree they think every lease holder is fair game.

JK0 - was that with an explanation or just a check?

Reading the clause as is with the punctuation that is there I get:

'Not to assign transfer charge underlet or part with possession of part only of the Property'

i.e. doing the above to part of the property is prohibited. There is no prohibition doing it to the whole property.

'and during the last seven years of the said term not to assign underlet charge or part with the possession of the Property without the previous consent in writing of the Vendor (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld)"'

And during the last 7 years no to do the above without prior consent of the Vendor.

The company who have sent the letter are not then vendor, so I don't think they can use the clause to extract any kind of fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Doback View Post

JK0 - was that with an explanation or just a check?

I crossed out all the nonsense about 'I/We enclose/have made payment of the £130/£65 registration fee.' and 'I/We understand that the paid/enclosed fee relates only to the registration of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement with the tenant(s) and period of tenancy stated in Part 6. Please add the fees to my account so that I can make payment with a debit or credit card on line or over the telephone.'

Where it asked me to tick boxes to select the amount paid, I drew another box labelled 'Lands Tribunal Award: £40' and ticked it.

NB. I hope this works for everyone, but the Lands Tribunal Award was for this particular flat.

S&M cashed my £40 cheque today. I hope they've accepted that's all they're getting.

Comment

I just received proof that the data on the form I sent back with my cheque is not recorded at all:

I have a further letter dated 11th August saying they have received no response to their previous letter. Err, hello, you were sent a response on 4th July and cashed the cheque enclosed on 2nd August.

Comment

Doback,

You should make a complaint to your local MP ( against managing agents who make demands for payment which are NOT in your lease ) and ask MP to send your problem to Government Housing Department Consultation on leasehold houses.

Comment

JKO... That's a typical reply!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doback View Post
              There's nothing about paying a fee in the lease, they are calling it an administrative charge in the letter.
              Even if there was a fee mentioned in the lease, it would still be described as an administration charge, and would need the statutory notice that comes with such. The question is whether the freeholder has to do anything a tall, for which they could charge, in this case.

Administration charges are anything you have to pay to the freeholder other than rent, and service charges (insurance is part of the latter, even if billed separately).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X