Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas leak responsibility

Question on this:
    We were told gas leak and needed to pay £150 to prevent immediately capping gas? Presume these guys are ligit but they then couldn't find breach and said must be in pipe work I couldn't give them access to! Does this sound dodgy ? Also is it freeholders responsibility if leak cannot be found within my flat rather pipes in other parts?
    Thank you

Originally posted by Jtriegaardt View Post
    Question on this:
    We were told gas leak and needed to pay £150 to prevent immediately capping gas? Also is it freeholders responsibility if leak cannot be found within my flat rather pipes in other parts?
    Thank you
    This needs to be in a separate thread, as it's nothing to do with commercial property, but leasehold flats.
    I have asked a Mod' to move this to leasehold section.

Comment

Thank you sorry new to the site. Appreciated.

Comment

There is usually a separate gas meter and separate control tap for gas supply to each flat.

For a rental property, the flat owner has to arrange a certificate of gas check before the rental tenant moves in.

Gas leakage in dangerous and must be rectified without delay.

Comment

You are responsible for gas leaks within your flat.
          If the leak is in pipes that are outside your flat, such as pipes running through the building, or pipes coming from the gas meter, it is usually your cost to repair, as gas pipes are serving only your flat and your flat only.

Access must be given, even if pipes run up the building past other flats.
          Get on to the freeholder and explain this urgent problem, for them to advise as well.
          Telephone them, today, even if you are at work.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X