Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Own share of FH can't get other party to extend leases

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and have been reading of these forums for a while and was hoping someone might be able to offer me some guidance.

I'm in the process of selling my maisonette flat which I own a share of a literal freehold, with the other flat upstairs (so there is no management company or declaration of trust) My lease however is "only" 65 years and the buyer's mortgage lender is insisting on at least a 75 year lease. However the other freeholder has now decided to stop answering my calls so it seems I'm totally reliant on them agreeing to sign the surrender and re-grant new leases with a 999 year extension.

What options are open to me? Can I for example extend just only my own lease without their consent to the required 999 years?
    Is there an Act I can use to apply for a court order to compel them to extend the lease? (Although litigation is highly undesired).

Any help would be much appreciated as I think about to lose my buyer and can't afford to have this take any longer as I'm due to complete on my own flat I'm buying in just over a month's time.

Is the lease to the other flat the same length? If so its really in their interest to extend too.

If not are they holding out for money? Have they indicated why they won't sign?

Unfortunately you are at their mercy as you want to sell quickly.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X