how long to register a lease extension with land registry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long to register a lease extension with land registry?

hello all,

on the 16th June my solicitor informed me it should take about 2 weeks to register our lease extension (90 year extension for leasehold flat) with the land registry.

It's not happened yet.

Anyone know how long this normally takes?

Thanks in advance!

I suggest you contact the Land Registry and ask whats the reason for delay ? Lost in post ?

Comment

Assuming an application is in order, how long it takes depends on how many applications the Registry has to deal with. Any times given by the Registry (or anyone else) can only ever be estimates.

Comment

Average current completion time for such a registration is 40 working days I'm afraid
        If there is an 'urgency' attached to the application then the applicant should contact us to advise with details of the urgency and request expedition. We will do our best to expedite it where possible

Comment

Many thanks for this. My landlord assured me 2 months ago that it should only take 2-3 weeks and I have only recently discovered that he only actually submitted my application a week ago. It beggars belief, especially since I have spent the last two months reminding him we need to complete our sale by the first week in August. He has already missed the first deadline, resulting in me having to pay for a second valuation and the costs associated with an increase in value. It now looks like I'll be paying for a third valuation. Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by portmoon View Post
            It now looks like I'll be paying for a third valuation. Unbelievable!
            Why pay for a valuation? In any event if there was extra to pay and it is down to the solicitor, the solicitor pays - there can be no doubt about that. Ask for a refund. Tell him too that if you lose out because of his delay you will be looking to him for compensation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
              by Flatman78
              Thanks Gordon999

You can see from above reply to Macromia that's your comment wouldn't be relevant to me. there is no managing agent. It's just me (FH) and LH in upstairs flat.
              Thanks for taking time to reply though....
              23-05-2022, 20:29 PM
            • S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
              by Flatman78
              Hi LZ Community

Just wondering if anyone's had/having any issues with S20 and allowing leaseholder 30 days to review estimates, raise concerns etc.

Building material prices have fluctuated massively since covid and brexit.
              with a combination of Brexit, impact from russia/ukraine...
              23-05-2022, 14:42 PM
            • Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
              by Flatman78
              Thanks Macromia, I'm hoping not to have to request quotes to include extra 'contingency' as I know some building materials literally jumped by up to 80% pretty much overnight and so I / we could end up paying a hell of a lot more than we have to go with a 'protective' quote.

It's only me...
              23-05-2022, 20:27 PM
            • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
              by ash72
              You could sue the other company for the money owed.
              23-05-2022, 19:48 PM
            • RTM Hand Over Issues
              by martin15
              RTM handing over issues

Our RTM companies comprise 4 blocks of 6 identical two bedroom flats and each block is registered at Companies House as a separate company.
              Following the acquisition date, it was discovered the former directors ignored legal advice and changed property management companies...
              23-05-2022, 19:36 PM
            • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
              by Hudson01
              I am clearly no expert but i think this statement from the all knowing WWW appears to fit the bill for what has happened to you.................

'' Fraud can be broadly defined as the deliberate use of deception or dishonesty to disadvantage or cause loss (usually financial) to another...
              23-05-2022, 19:48 PM
            • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
              by Gordon999
              You could show the last service charge demanded by previous managing agent . There should be a final summary of the service charge account.to show the unspent funds.
              23-05-2022, 18:26 PM
            • Old managing agents accounts
              by jazzythumper
              Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
              20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
            • Building works & S20 process
              by RichA
              Hi. I have a freehold after selling a leasehold flat in a block of 4 flats. We don't currently have a managing agent, so these duties currently fall to me (I am holding off appointing a managing agent whilst the leaseholders consider whether they want to RTM).

The block needs some maintenance...
              21-05-2022, 17:20 PM
            • Reply to Building works & S20 process
              by Macromia
              Good questions.
              The fact that the cost of work means that Section 20 consultation is required doesn't necessarily mean that it is major work that will require a project manager and, although most leases will contain clauses that allow the cost of project management to be recovered from leaseholders,...
              23-05-2022, 18:23 PM
            Working...
            X