Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNM2012
    replied
    The landlord cannot sell the FH on better terms or a lower price than offered in the original notice within 12 months.

That is part of the reason for the S3a advising the LH of their rights.

Leave a comment:

• paulamis
    replied
    I thought the LH get another right of refusal if you paid less than the price the FH offered it to the LHs at.

Assuming there was a first refusal right that is.

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    Who are the directors of the freehold company, Just you or do the 4 flats all have one share in the freehold company.
    Who is looking after the property now.
    Who sets the service charges.
    Is there a managing agent ( high street ) who does this.
    Are you aware of who runs the place, how much money is in the bank belonging to the leaseholders of the flats.
    and many more questions you should ask yourself if you don't know the answers to above.

Am just keeping you "on the ball" in case all this is new to you.

Leave a comment:

• frag
    replied
    Hi madmaxwell,

The freeholder was in residence but had the freehold in a company's name, there are 4 flats in total.

Leave a comment:

• DNM2012
    replied
    frag,

There is no specific time limit to serve the section 3a notice. Once served the leaseholders have 4 months to respond.

But if everything was done correctly and the leaseholders all rejected the R2FR offer notice then you have nothing to worry about.

It may be that the R2FR did not apply if the former freeholder lived in the flat but was advised to serve notice anyway to avoid any future complications.

There is another notice that must be served, a section 3 notice and this must be served a day before the next rent is due.

Leave a comment:

• madmaxwell
    replied
    Hi, Was the previous freeholder also in residence and how many flats are there?

Leave a comment:

• frag
    replied
    Thank you for coming back to my question so quickly.

Just a small further question on this topic, the lease advice website says the notice should include the following;

''that the tenant (together with the other qualifying tenants) has the right:
    -to obtain information about the disposal; and
    -to acquire the new landlord's interest in the building;
    -the time limits in which these rights may be exercised.''

Do you know the time limits that are required for this notice?

Thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• DNM2012
    replied
    No it doesn't. It is a statutory notice that has to be served advising the leaseholders of their rights in relation to the sale of the freehold.

Providing the R2FR process was followed, then there is nothing to worry about. failing to serve the notice is an offence, so you must serve it.

Leave a comment:

• frag
    started a topic Section 3a Notice to leaseholder

Section 3a Notice to leaseholder

We have recently acquired the entire freehold for a converted house in which we have also purchased a flat. The seller did issue section 5a right for first refusal notices and all came back declining the offer. As the purchaser do we have to issue section 3a notices to the leaseholders? and does this notice give them the opportunity to buy the freehold again?
    any help please, very confused

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Freehold confusion
    by davetg
    30 years ago I bought a flat from a friend. The freehold at the time was registered to my friend and the lady who owned the other flat. I understood at the time that I would replace the friend on the freehold but this never happened. This was not a problem until now as when work on the structure of...
    24-05-2022, 14:29 PM
  • Reply to Freehold confusion
    by CStevens
    The property should be registered so the land registry should hold a copy of the leases. You would need to look at the leases to see who is responsible for what but normally in a maisonette situation the freeholder would insure and maintain the structure, foundation and roof with the leaseholders paying...
    27-05-2022, 21:58 PM
    by CStevens
    Yeah i guess i would agree with that but, as you say, the value is only to the leaseholders and a freehold subject to 999 years is not worth a great deal of money to anyone other than the occupants and in fact, if the leases are drafted correctly, they should require the leaseholders to become members...
    27-05-2022, 21:52 PM
  • 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
    by Flashback1966
    I am a Freeholder. Have a flat there too. I have received an email from the leaseholder's soclitors acting for Mr A. They are doing a 2-1 transfer from the names of Mr A and Ms B to just Mr.

The solicitors want to know the requirements on completion.

Is is just a notice of...
    26-05-2022, 18:46 PM
  • Reply to 2-1 transfer - what does Freeholder do?
    by Gordon999
    I suggest you reply to leaseholder's solicitor and request a copy of the land registry title to confirm the name of new leaseholder plus £15 registration fee....
    27-05-2022, 18:05 PM
    by davetg
    Thanks for the replies:-
    My friend is alive and well and shows up on google as he is very high up in a big American telecoms company so I should be able to get back in touch.

I can't see my friend having any problem with the TR1 me replacing him on the freehold was always what was...
    27-05-2022, 16:50 PM
  • Reply to Section 20 costs
    by lampshade
    It occurs to me and others that there us no responsible person. How can work so important be neglected for over 2 years and all thagt has happened is that leaseholders have been made to pay £000s each, for work that has not been carried out....

I and other leaseholders, are pretty...
    27-05-2022, 13:06 PM
  • Section 20 costs
    by lampshade
    Having been issued with a section20 that requires a lot of expensive works to common area doors and the like, I am wondering what the situation is regarding an increase in quotations already given.
    Materials prices are rising fast and we have no idea when the works will start so given that we...
    18-11-2021, 06:32 AM
  • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
    by jazzythumper
    Since we have no reconciliation accounts, and the old managing agent didn’t pass on any account or funds to us, we have no way of knowing whether the debt was wiped with the sale of the freehold which I suspect it was. Sadly I don’t think it seems there is any way tl
    find this info out?...
    27-05-2022, 11:14 AM
  • Old managing agents accounts
    by jazzythumper
    Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
    20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
Working...
X