draught proofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draught proofing

If the freehold is responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of external windows does this include the addition of draught proofing where none was previously?

No.
    But if windows are to be replaced, and draught comes in, then they are not very good windows !!!.
    Unless they are the wooden sash windows.

Comment

Strictly, to add draughtproofing as a standalone job where it does not currently exist would be an improvement and this is where Ram is coming from.

However if windows were being replaced or refurbished I would have thought adding draughtproofing could possibly be considered to be part of a repair. Depends exactly what you mean by draughtproofing and could be slightly subjective.

Comment

Fair answer. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
          by Flatman78
          Thanks Gordon999

You can see from above reply to Macromia that's your comment wouldn't be relevant to me. there is no managing agent. It's just me (FH) and LH in upstairs flat.
          Thanks for taking time to reply though....
          23-05-2022, 20:29 PM
        • S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
          by Flatman78
          Hi LZ Community

Just wondering if anyone's had/having any issues with S20 and allowing leaseholder 30 days to review estimates, raise concerns etc.

Building material prices have fluctuated massively since covid and brexit.
          with a combination of Brexit, impact from russia/ukraine...
          23-05-2022, 14:42 PM
        • Reply to S20 - Quotes not valid for long enough for 30 day consult
          by Flatman78
          Thanks Macromia, I'm hoping not to have to request quotes to include extra 'contingency' as I know some building materials literally jumped by up to 80% pretty much overnight and so I / we could end up paying a hell of a lot more than we have to go with a 'protective' quote.

It's only me...
          23-05-2022, 20:27 PM
        • RTM Hand Over Issues
          by martin15
          RTM handing over issues

Our RTM companies comprise 4 blocks of 6 identical two bedroom flats and each block is registered at Companies House as a separate company.
          Following the acquisition date, it was discovered the former directors ignored legal advice and changed property management companies...
          23-05-2022, 19:36 PM
        • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
          by ash72
          You could sue the other company for the money owed.
          23-05-2022, 19:48 PM
        • Reply to RTM Hand Over Issues
          by Hudson01
          I am clearly no expert but i think this statement from the all knowing WWW appears to fit the bill for what has happened to you.................

'' Fraud can be broadly defined as the deliberate use of deception or dishonesty to disadvantage or cause loss (usually financial) to another...
          23-05-2022, 19:48 PM
        • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
          by Gordon999
          You could show the last service charge demanded by previous managing agent . There should be a final summary of the service charge account.to show the unspent funds.
          23-05-2022, 18:26 PM
        • Old managing agents accounts
          by jazzythumper
          Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
          20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
        • Building works & S20 process
          by RichA
          Hi. I have a freehold after selling a leasehold flat in a block of 4 flats. We don't currently have a managing agent, so these duties currently fall to me (I am holding off appointing a managing agent whilst the leaseholders consider whether they want to RTM).

The block needs some maintenance...
          21-05-2022, 17:20 PM
        • Reply to Building works & S20 process
          by Macromia
          Good questions.
          The fact that the cost of work means that Section 20 consultation is required doesn't necessarily mean that it is major work that will require a project manager and, although most leases will contain clauses that allow the cost of project management to be recovered from leaseholders,...
          23-05-2022, 18:23 PM
        Working...
        X