Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Subletting Conditions

Hello Everyone

I have just joined this forum in the hopes of getting an understanding of the following, which appears in my lease" That the Lessee will not assign transfer, underlet or part with the possession or occupation of any part of the demised premises other than the entirety thereof"

Can you help me please?

With kind regards

Centurion

Originally posted by Centurion View Post
    Can you help me please?
    Sure...

1. "No subletting allowed"
    2. You get better responses here by starting a new, appropriately titled thread for a new topic, rather than following up an unrelated thread!

Comment

That's not the way I read it!

I'd say you can let it just as long as you let the whole, ie not split it up and let a part of it.

Comment

Thanks for helping me out, in particular about starting a new thread. I am a newbie here and would have taken that advice however I did not see the opportunity

With kind regards

Centurion

Comment

I'm in agreement with tipper. You can let it as as whole, but not as rooms.

Comment

I also have one of those leases. It just means you can only sell or let the flat as a single unit, without splitting it.

Comment

I think I don't agree with Ericthelobster either because this clause gives four different things that the lessee is not allowed to do:

Originally posted by Centurion View Post
              " That the Lessee will not assign transfer, underlet or part with the possession or occupation of any part of the demised premises other than the entirety thereof"
              (1) Assign
              (2) Transfer
              (3) Underlet
              (4) Part with the possession or occupation

and all those four options are in regards to the following object:

"Any part of the demised premises other than the entirety thereof".

Otherwise, and by reading it in the way Ericthelobster has, the lessee would be absolutely prohibited from assigning and transferring either. Which cannot be regarded as the true intention of the parties when entering into the lease.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
                by chris1544
                We have RTM in place for our two flat building. Recently the other leaseholder put in a request to the RTM company to install an air vent. I duly wrote to the freeholder, notifying them of our intention to grant approval for the works, giving them the statutory 30 days notice.

They have...
                12-08-2020, 11:04 AM
              • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
                by Lorimer
                There isn't much case law on this but even when an RTM is in place and it is the RTM that is responsible for dealing with consents, I believe the freeholder CAN charge a reasonable admin fee simply for the freeholder's time in reviewing the consent application. This is because the RTM company cannot...
                12-08-2020, 20:33 PM
              • Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
                by KingstonBee
                Wonder if you can help... This week I have received a Court Claim form pack with what seems to include a ‘particulars of claim’ and ‘lease’ for ‘outstanding arrears of Ground rent and insurance’.

Now this is a huge shock as I’ve not received any letters at all, no emails or phone...
                10-06-2020, 20:13 PM
              • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
                by Stew
                sounds like a major win
                12-08-2020, 20:22 PM
              • Reply to Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
                by ChrisDennison
                Well but who’s to judge that intention? If I as the freeholder only want women, kids and one armed pirates in my block of flats and therefore put a restriction of use to that extent in the lease isn’t that my pretty unambiguous intention?

Well put. I have a property with...
                12-08-2020, 19:14 PM
              • Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
                by Boab
                Is there any reason why I cannot let a freehold flat on a two flat maisonette where there are two freeholders with a deed of covenant between the two to cover such issues as maintaining the property? There appears to be nothing in the covenant restricting renting my property out and it’s been done...
                10-08-2020, 06:12 AM
              • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
                by KingstonBee
                FYI - I pressed and stated facts and quoted the law etc and they eventually backed down... Mega Chuffed. Didn’t even have to pay any of the legal fees or additional costs. It helps that in the lease as mentioned they had to email or send mail via recorded delivery... Their legal team agreed and dropped...
                12-08-2020, 19:00 PM
              • EGM via Zoom breach of GDPR
                by Stacker
                Our directors refuse to call meeting and now are using some government quote Corporate Insolvency and Govt Act 2020 Section 37 and Schedule 14 of the Act..basically the articles don't say we can hold electronic meetings so can they be held via zoom?
                12-08-2020, 17:53 PM
              • Reply to Variation of lease
                by Gordon999
                Many flats with ground rent increasing every 10 years are not able to get a mortgage loan . Taylor Wimpey have set a side £130 Mil for correcting the ground rent demands in their leases . If your flat was built by this company, you should contact the company for correction of the lease.
                12-08-2020, 17:41 PM
              • Variation of lease
                by scampicat
                I own a flat with a lease of 125 years starting from 2012. The ground rent is at present £150 pa, but increases as follows every ten years: £225... .£337.50.... 506.25.... 759.38.... 1139.06.... 1708.59.... 2562.89 ....3844.34. There are no more increases after eighty years. I am considering a variation...
                25-02-2020, 08:57 AM
              Working...
              X