Surveyor report and major works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surveyor report and major works

can leaseholders insist and a surveyors report from the freeholder for ALL major works

what is the law

No. You can organize yourself and arrange one together and work with the freeholder.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Can you tell us the reason why you need to insist on a surveyor.

Is it that the property is not being maintained ?
      Is it that the person or agent is not seeing the the jobs to be done ( blind ) ?
      Is it that the person looking at the building and grounds is useless and can't see any problems ( Or trying not to have to spend money ) ?

Comment

the freeholder is pretending that the whole roof need renewing and clearly it does not

our lease is additional rent type rather than service charges so we cannot rely on the 1938 Act

surely we ought not pay a surveyor or get a quote when no work needs doing

Comment

Not sure about your arrangement, but in leasehold, just because a chartered surveyor says something, even if it says it should in the lease, in my case at least the LVT said the FH was free to ignore the surveyor and do it any way that is reasonable, and that is a wide open test.

So adding a chartered surveyor just added another £800 to the job.

Comment

In life disputes occur and from time to time that means incurring costs to fight your corner.

Why are you looking at the 38 Act !!!! even if expense are recorded as rent they are still in law service charges and subject to the 85 Act and reasonableness.

Why do you say the roof does not need replacing.
            Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X