Professional advice for maintenance obligation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional advice for maintenance obligation

I realise without exact details any costs will be approximate.

I frequently read of the value of having independent professional advice.

The building in question compromises of 12 dwellings (mainly 1 bed flats) in a converted Victorian property.

What would be a reasonable framework for engaging a surveyor to give advice on maintenance planning ? What would be approximate costs ?

many thanks for any help

I know this is your first post, and this answer may upset you,

But

Ring up a few surveyors and ask the same question !

Allow a minimum of £ 1000
    But if all flats are occupied and surveyor needs to view, especialy the basement and those under / in the loft and has to come back multiple times as people are out at work, then add 50%

But we don't know the layout, the garages, the gardens, the sheds, the driveway size . etc etc.

But as said, contact a few.

Comment

Thanks - not upset in the slightest, asking a question so not expecting anything to suit me.

The cost of a surveyor MAY by related to quality I was hoping for an approximate cost possibly somewhere in the middle of a range. You have given this, thanks.

Simply looking for the building : nothing more or less ( no insides or sheds etc.)

As well as costs ( which I can of course ask for ) I was curious as to what might be optimum for scheduling this, e.g in depth every 10 years and annual check up with recommendations for work. Also is this to be recommended as best practice ?

Thanks again for your time

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• collective enfranchisement
        by flyingfreehold
        Does a leaseholder have to be a registered proprietor to join a collective? Or is it sufficient for her/his/it to be a transferee whose interest is not yet registered?
        21-05-2022, 18:51 PM
      • Reply to collective enfranchisement
        by flyingfreehold
        at risk of answering my own question, the leaseholder has to prove title which is a bit difficult if not registered........
        21-05-2022, 21:23 PM
      • Building works & S20 process
        by RichA
        Hi. I have a freehold after selling a leasehold flat in a block of 4 flats. We don't currently have a managing agent, so these duties currently fall to me (I am holding off appointing a managing agent whilst the leaseholders consider whether they want to RTM).

The block needs some maintenance...
        21-05-2022, 17:20 PM
      • Reply to Building works & S20 process
        by scot22
        It is relatively simple to administer process. However, definitely engage professional to define necessary work and project manage.

If I can, anybody can.
        21-05-2022, 20:19 PM
      • Reply to collective enfranchisement
        by Tipper
        Ask lease-advice.org
        21-05-2022, 18:59 PM
      • Reply to Levy
        by scot22
        Thanks Gordon. There was no info other than amount and invoice which explained nothing !
        21-05-2022, 17:16 PM
      • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
        by Macromia
        They are correct that the purchase of the freehold has no relevance (although it would allow the three of you to alter the leases if you are all in agreement).

Unless you alter the leases you continue to split service charge costs according to what the terms of your leases say - sharing...
        21-05-2022, 17:14 PM
      • Reply to Changes to lease wording
        by Lawcruncher
        If the leases are going to be for 999 years there is not a lot of point imposing a restriction in such terms. It is also open to interpretation. You have to decide first if you are going to allow subletting at all. That has to depend on what people want. If any owner already sublets then you cannot...
        21-05-2022, 17:09 PM
      • Changes to lease wording
        by bigalxyz
        In the process of buying freehold for our building. 9 participants (from 11 flats).

Our solicitor will extend leases to 999 years for an additional fee if we want to. She has asked, as part of that extension process:

“Are there any amendments that you are seeking to make...
        14-05-2022, 12:27 PM
      • Reply to Levy
        by Macromia
        ...And it still going to depend on what it is for (and on what your lease allows to be charged for, and when.

Service charge demands have to include details such as a service address for the freeholder, and have to be accompanied by an appropriate copy of 'leaseholders rights and responsibilities',...
        21-05-2022, 16:53 PM
      Working...
      X