• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Communal area
    by Starlane
    Yes I get that Andrew thank you it could be a situation jumping from one dodgy ship to another dodgy ship, I have weighed this up pros and cons and yes bills could increase I can see that especially when no repair and maintenance of the building has been done for years and the place needs a number of...
    25-07-2021, 14:38 PM
  • Communal area
    by Starlane
    Hi and thank you in advance for your help and guidance ....a letter has been sent as a last resort from my solicitor to the freeholder and the directors. Basically they lack the knowledge and experience to basically understand the lease let alone anything else like RICS code and L& T acts etc.......and...
    16-07-2021, 23:09 PM
  • Reply to Advice on flat sale
    by MrSoffit
    Hi. As a director of an RTMC with a managing agent in toe we can leave the sales pack work to our managing agent, but there is one point that doesn't make sense to me here. Unless the lease requires the seller to get prior consent to assign -- as apart from the more standard requirement for the buyer...
    25-07-2021, 14:31 PM
  • Advice on flat sale
    by Ionela Preda
    Guys, hi!

I represent a RTM Company, I am the Director of it, 11 flats in our block.
    He have some people willing to sell their flat, and I am really “flat” on the legal aspect;

I need to give them: the Deed of Covenant, the Assignment Pack, I need to lift and re-apply...
    24-07-2021, 15:54 PM
  • Changing Lease Clause to Permit Letting
    by witsend55
    Not sure if this is the best section to post in, so please move if it is considered best place elsewhere.

I have had ownership of a flat, one of just four in a converted house, for many years. There is a simple flat management structure; the four owners are directors and have one share...
    24-07-2021, 11:53 AM
  • Reply to Changing Lease Clause to Permit Letting
    by ram
    The Directors must inform the Managing agents that "they must adhere to the lease, and that the management company has not voted with a majority in favour of allowing the lease to be changed, therefore please continue to enforce the lease" as the directors so stipulate....
    25-07-2021, 13:46 PM
  • Reply to Changing Lease Clause to Permit Letting
    by witsend55
    Thank you everyone. The thoughts here are in accordance with my own gut feeling, that our flat management co. should leave things as they are. I have been very worried where it all might lead to if we got psychologically bulldozed by the seller into agreeing to such a major change in the residency structure....
    25-07-2021, 13:29 PM
  • Garden Furniture
    by Sandy1986
    We have been told (yes I know lol) by the management company that we can't have benches in the communal gardens due to health and safety. Sounds like a load of hogwash to me. Has anybody had problems with this?
    21-07-2021, 20:20 PM
  • Reply to Garden Furniture
    by Macromia
    That could be completely valid - although it does depend on circumstances (including the answers to some of the questions that others have already asked).

The management company, on the freeholder's behalf if there is a separate freeholder, has a responsibility for the health and safety...
    25-07-2021, 13:04 PM
  • Reply to Who can become a director of a RMC?
    by fos333
    Hi,

If no modification is shown to regulation 88 requiring a director to be a member, then anyone that meets the requirements of regulation 88 can be nominated and consent to act to be a director.

Therefore 3b in the preliminary section should have no bearing, others may offer...
    25-07-2021, 11:40 AM
Working...
X