Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared freehold seller problem

Hi,

Some of you may have read my earlier post re maintenance problems. I am part of 3 joint freeholders in a victorian conversion which has maintenance issues.

There are substantial works required which will cost.

At the same time one of the joint freeholders/leaseholders is selling. I have asked for his solicitors details but he refuses to give them to me and instead says his solicitor will be in touch as required.

I am worried that he has passed on information about accounts and other joint freeholders will not be involved. This could mean we end up with a new leaseholder who has not budgeted for works having only been given information about low service charges. Any survey he has done will not throw up all the issues either.

Are my worries misplaced?, there have been a couple of deceptions by this seller in the recent past.

Then he has to take it up with the vendor for any misrepresentation made. if the freehold is owner jointly you can remind him that you will not sigh the transfer for the freehold interest to the new buyer and if the lease requires licence- permission- to assign- sell- the flat, is required, that you will withhold it.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X