Who can pick up accounts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who can pick up accounts?

    Before I arrange someone to go and pick up the receipts etc to support the summary of accounts, can I (a LH in block with no residents assoc.) appoint anyone?

    Can one person be appointed by a single [different] leaseholder in several blocks to pick up the docs for all the blocks.

    I can see how it would be possible for them to argue it is giving information on many LH to a 3rd party on the say so possibly of one LH, but is there any legislation to back that up?

    #2
    The freeholder / managing agent / Company secretary gets in their car and collects the accounts.
    If they are unable to, then by all means ask Tom Dic or Harry to pick them up for you.

    They will be in a sealed envelope, and if not, they must be.

    I see no problem with "asking" someone to pick up " a sealed envelope" and passing it on to the required person

    Comment


      #3
      Oops, I can see how I was not clear, I meant LH, or rep , picking them up from MA.

      I don't think they will be in an envelope, I will have to photocopy everything.

      Comment


        #4
        no agent with a brain cell will release the rece ipts, these are originals. the right is to inspect and take copies. you might get certified copies but thats it.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

        Comment


          #5
          If you mean you have requested to see the accounts, the invoices / receipts to check the validity of the accounts, this is normaly a request to the Managing Agent.

          They have 28 days to afford you to go into the MA office, by appointment and for you to look through them.
          You may request photocopies while there.

          There will be a charge of between £ 30 and £ 50 for someone to be present with you and to copy documents you require.
          The accounts cannot be taken out of the office.

          Either you personaly will have to pay their charge, or it shows on the next accounts service charge as a charge for Mr X to view the accounts.

          Comment


            #6
            Yes - I am allowed to go and make copies by appointment.

            What I need to know is that if I send someone else, can the MA along with it until the person turns up, and then refuse based on some legal requirement.

            Assuming a hostile MA - what hurdles can he put in my way?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by paulamis View Post
              What I need to know is that if I send someone else, can the MA along with it until the person turns up, and then refuse based on some legal requirement.
              If you request to see the accounts, they CANNOT legaly refuse. If they refuse they are commiting a criminal offence.

              If it is you that wants to see the accounts, get an appointment and take the day off work.

              If you say you wish to look at the accounts and your representative will be Mr Tom, and he will have a letter of introduction, they "should" let him look on your behalf.
              ( Email or post a letter of introduction, and they can check your sent letter with your representatives letter on the day )

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ram View Post
                If you mean you have requested to see the accounts, the invoices / receipts to check the validity of the accounts, this is normaly a request to the Managing Agent.

                They have 28 days to afford you to go into the MA office, by appointment and for you to look through them.
                You may request photocopies while there.

                There will be a charge of between £ 30 and £ 50 for someone to be present with you and to copy documents you require.
                The accounts cannot be taken out of the office.

                Either you personaly will have to pay their charge, or it shows on the next accounts service charge as a charge for Mr X to view the accounts.
                no thats incorrect, a charge can only be added to the sc, not a charge to you. see sct 22 lta 1985.
                Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by paulamis View Post
                  Yes - I am allowed to go and make copies by appointment.

                  What I need to know is that if I send someone else, can the MA along with it until the person turns up, and then refuse based on some legal requirement.

                  Assuming a hostile MA - what hurdles can he put in my way?
                  no, just advise them that x is coming to inspect and take copies for you.
                  Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

                  Comment

                  Latest Activity

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X