Service Charge & advance consultancy fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service Charge & advance consultancy fees

Can service charge trust fund be used by landlord or his agent to pay an advance retainer fee ?

Regular, fixed amount. advance payments not related t o work done, but simply a retainer for consultation.

In principle, the landlord recovers his incurred expense and the method of procurement can be challenged as not being fair nor reasonable.

More than that I cannot say until the post has more information than a telegram-stop
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      In principle, the landlord recovers his incurred expense and the method of procurement can be challenged as not being fair nor reasonable.

More than that I cannot say until the post has more information than a telegram-stop
      I think o/p has a cold. (Dervice charge)
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
        I think o/p has a cold. (Dervice charge)
        Hope he is not trying to buy a second class return to Nottingham

Tunes !
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

The service charge spending must comply to the terms of the residential lease but I cannot think of any expense item for building maintenance requiring advance payment for retainer.

A retainer for what service for the building ?

Comment

As Blackadder's telegram to Charlie Chaplin said "Please please stop"
            Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X