First timer buyer, laminate flooring ground floor flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may find some wonderful old wooden floors under those carpets. If so, I would sand and refinish. Frankly TV noise is more likely to disturb the flat upstairs.

Comment

Such noise having being amplified by the wooden floors......
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Indeed.

Not only carpets but soft furnishings and upholstery absorb sound. You notice the difference if you clear a room to decorate it.

Comment

And ye verily why I dubbed them the " devil's floorboards"....

I will one day succeed in getting that quoted in a tribunal decision!
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

From another palce, the problem with wooden floors...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4832424
            I am a leaseholder in a house where the leaseholders all have a share in, and are directors of, the freehold company. I have had a lot of problems over noise from the upstairs neighbour who installed wooden floors despite my telling him (I am secretary of the company) this contravened the lease, which demands close carpeting in all areas except bathroom and WC). A lot of noise comes through. He just ignored what I said and theatened to make as much noise as ne could if I complained about noise again. (I had had no such problems with the previous owners who did have carpet down).

He now wants to sell his flat and the freehold company has told him that he needs to install carpet before selling, to comply with the lease. Only then did he tetll us that he has installed underfloor heating which he thought needed a wooden floor to work properly. This made him reluctant to agree to lay carpet, he said, but now he has found out that underfloor heating CAN work with carpet and has agreed to lay down carpet before selling.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• on -going leaks
              by finest1
              Hi All,

The flat upstair has been leaking for some years. The ceiling soon partially collapsed stopping me fro m letting the flat. The leaseholder upstairs kept claiming that the leak was not coming from her flat despite sending them photos of her wet subfloor. I sent a letter claiming...
              18-05-2022, 17:09 PM
            • Reply to on -going leaks
              by JackBluebird
              ah i understand, sorry for confusion. As far as I'm aware, there is absolutely no reason to let anyone representing another leaseholder into your apartment. are you obliged to? no.... will your claim hurt if you dont? almost certinaly not... As i understand it she is essentially challenging the survey...
              19-05-2022, 00:17 AM
              by finest1
              Thank you for your response. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear but the freeholder has already sent a surveyor and they are satisfied that the leak has been caused from upstairs.

It's the leaseholder who wants to send their own surveyor or architect, and has refused to allow their insurance...
              18-05-2022, 19:52 PM
            • Levy
              by scot22
              What details must be given in an invoice for a levy ?
              18-05-2022, 17:43 PM
            • Reply to Levy
              by scot22
              Thanks for reply but doesn't really matter. Issue is what must leaseholders be told about reason and how it is being spent.
              18-05-2022, 19:45 PM
            • Reply to Levy
              by Tipper
              Can you expand...levy for what?
              18-05-2022, 19:12 PM
              by JackBluebird
              On one hand people may argue, the freeholder has rights to access and assess the property in accordance with the lease whenever it is reasonable or essential to do so. However if you initiate the disrepair protocol you will have much more leverage, but it is not for bluffing...

18-05-2022, 18:17 PM
            • Reply to Insurance
              by jazzythumper
              I’ve managed to get the refund from the previous insurers, which is good, over £1,000 that we wouldn’t have had otherwise in our funds.
              18-05-2022, 15:51 PM
            • Insurance
              by jazzythumper
              When the freehold of our building was sold, the old freeholder cancelled the buildings insurance which we had paid for in advance through our service charge.

A new policy was taken out by the new freeholder. A refund for the previous policy has been given to the previous freeholder but...
              03-04-2022, 20:24 PM
            • Breaches of Model Articles
              by Starlane
              ram Our articles require a quorum for board and for shareholder meetings. It has come to light after the event that a director has called a meeting on their own and appointed another director, the meeting was inquorate and no members were made aware that this was going on, additionally no meeting has...
              06-05-2022, 16:02 PM
            Working...
            X