Prodedure for changing Articles and Memorandum

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Prodedure for changing Articles and Memorandum

    We are a share of freehold company and wish to change one of the articles. Currently directors are appointed indefintely and do not need to be re elected, rotate or retire

    We would like to change this to directors need to be re elected every 3 years. How do we go about changing this?


    No you are not, no such thing. The company owns the freehold. You own a share in or a member of that company.

    You need to pass a resolution with the revised wording and take a vote either by a written resolution or at a general meeting with appropriate notice.

    Given the close nature of such companies, and the annual cycle of accounts and budgeting, it is far more common to have directors routinely resign each year and who are eligible for reelection without nomination.

    As you all have the same interests at heart, the directors are there to carry out the wishes of the group rather then have a long term executive role.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.


    Latest Activity