Does a Party Wall Notice Need to be served to a Leaseholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused here now, he does not own the wall, it is clearly outlined on my leasehold agreement. Surely the freeholder should have to give consent for this wall to be removed? He can't just take this wall down without anyones permission as it is clearly a party wall?

Comment

This link

Shows that I would have to be notified

http://www.taylorwilliamsdaley.co.uk/party-wall.asp

Therefore surely I have to agree to the works?

Thanks for the help

Jazzy

Comment

Oh an he would need access to my garden in order to do these works.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzythumper View Post
          I am confused here now, he does not own the wall, it is clearly outlined on my leasehold agreement. Surely the freeholder should have to give consent for this wall to be removed? He can't just take this wall down without anyones permission as it is clearly a party wall?
          Then if the lease includes the wall in your demise, and is ultimatley owned by whoever granted the lease to you, then the adjoining owner has no right to remove your wall!!

If he is agreeing to rebuild it as is, what on earth is the problem , agree and accept the proposal before
          A the freeholder requires that you do so at your costs for failing to keep it in repair.
          B if the wall is the freeholders to repair, that it doesn’t fall down because he has no interest in repairing it
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X