Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definition of single private residence. Please

Having read
    Lease law: Definition of 'one family only' / 'single private dwelling'?
    at
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ivate-dwelling

Have similar problem here

The leases only states " .. .... .. otherwise than as a single private residence for the permanent occupation of 3 persons.

Does this mean if they are not one family, not related, then 3 people ( one of them the leaseholder ) can reside in the flat without breaching the lease ?

It is thought one of them is paying rent for a room, ( not allowed under the lease ) but is impossible to prove, as they all say no rent being paid or received. ( Lies are easy to give, to prevent forfeiture )

R.a.M.

The distinction here is that the flat is a single private residence which precludes locked rooms and tenants on individual agreements, but not preclude sharers ie one tenacy of up to 3 people, or someone living with someone even though they are not in a relationship or a lodger.

Frankly if it creates no problem for the block why police it? if they are earning money it helps to pay the service charge. I can think of similar example with two chaps who did not wish to come out publically and maintained a facade of "childhood friend, just helping him out".

Its not always lodging on the QT. Pick your battles.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X