How would LVT / FTT view these lease violations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would LVT / FTT view these lease violations.

I know LHA will advise to ask FTT to appoint a manager, but in the meantime ....

All flat owners are ( incorrectly ) directors. They have used their Directorship powers to not obey the lease.

They use their directorship to ensure leaseholders do not get "sued" for any breaches of the lease, because that would mean they are sueing themselves.

As the Directors are in effect, representing the freeholder, "could" it be said that certain breaches of the lease have been, for the rest of time, been waived.

How would you get over to the LVT / FTT the fact that the Directors were not acting as Directors / freeholders, but as Leaseholders for their own gains, therefore no parts of the lease have been waived.

There are various items that have not been complied with. Flats change ownership, and the next leaseholder thinks the lease does not apply to them, and they are made a Director by the other directors, thereby perpetuating lease breaches, with instructions not to sue leaseholders.

Anyone come across this with the LVT ? and would LVT say, ( for items listed )well, it's gone on for 7 years, and you have therefore waived certain parts of the lease,

therefore anyone can park anywhere, anyone can park on the common ground and block people in, anyone can make major alterations to the outside of the building, anyone can build a shed in the Garden.
    Rip out page 6, 8 and 15 of your lease, it no longer applies as it has been waived by the Directors.

Need to go to the LVT, but don't want to waste my time.

R.a.M.

Need to go to the FTT, as a pre cursor to appointing a Manager, but if lease covenants have been waived, there is then no point in appointing a manager via the FTT to ensure the lease is obeyed, if FTT say certain items which i need rectifying, have been waived because the directors were not acting as directors.

Comment

A shareholder or director can litigate under company law however its far cheaper to get a manager appointment ideally as a recover in this case with the freehold interest.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
        A shareholder or director can litigate under company law however its far cheaper to get a manager appointment ideally as a recover in this case with the freehold interest.
        yes, but, would the LVT ftt still say the directors with acting irresponsibly, in their own interests, flouting the laws and proceedures, are representing the freeholder, then the freeholder has waived the rights to covenants on page 6, 8 an 15,

In other words, the freeholder decided not to take action for 7 years, therefore the covenants have been waived.
        I know it is impossible to state what the LVT will say, but in anyones opinion, what is the possiblity they will come to the waived conclusion ?

Comment

Directors must act in the best interests of the shareholders. If the directors have obtained an advantage by failing to comply with company law I do not see how the failure to take action can amount to a waiver.

Comment

There is an argument for estoppel, and some breaches may be waived, some migth not, however that is a matter of argument when considering the appointment of the manager as
            a what problems there are
            b what the solutions are

If the case stacks against this them there are individual routes for damages etc and the company route and proceedings against the directors for failing to act in the best interests of the company or if they have entered into undertakings directly with leaseholders or shareholders.

You can only resolve this through item by item review.
            Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Variation of lease
              by sgclacy
              A ground rent of £150 per annum increasing by 50% every 10 years until it reaches £3,844.33 with 2 years to go before it makes its first doubling would cost around £7,600 plus 0.33% of the value of the flat to have a statutory lease extension

One of the difficulties in proposing any...
              13-08-2020, 01:08 AM
            • Variation of lease
              by scampicat
              I own a flat with a lease of 125 years starting from 2012. The ground rent is at present £150 pa, but increases as follows every ten years: £225... .£337.50.... 506.25.... 759.38.... 1139.06.... 1708.59.... 2562.89 ....3844.34. There are no more increases after eighty years. I am considering a variation...
              25-02-2020, 08:57 AM
            • Reply to FH forfeits and sells before 6 months window for relief?
              by sgclacy
              Once the Land Registry have closed the title and a new lease granted there is no redress for the lessee seeking relief from forfeiture

The land registry will write to any party shown in the charges register and the tenant before closing the title - therefore illustrating the need to make...
              13-08-2020, 00:03 AM
            • FH forfeits and sells before 6 months window for relief?
              by Loque
              999yr Long lease commercial, lessee in breach, S146 served, S146 expires without being complied with, FH re-enters and changes locks.

Now... LH can go to court to claim relief from forfeiture for the remediable breach, usually within 6 months or so. BUT lets say once FH has re-entered he...
              12-08-2020, 13:26 PM
            • RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
              by chris1544
              We have RTM in place for our two flat building. Recently the other leaseholder put in a request to the RTM company to install an air vent. I duly wrote to the freeholder, notifying them of our intention to grant approval for the works, giving them the statutory 30 days notice.

They have...
              12-08-2020, 11:04 AM
            • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
              by Gordon999
              Its in section 98 of Commonhold &Leasehold Reform Act 2002.

Where a person who is—

(a)landlord under a long lease of the whole or any part of the premises, or

(b)party to such a lease otherwise than as landlord or tenant,

has functions in relation...
              12-08-2020, 22:27 PM
            • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
              by Lorimer
              There isn't much case law on this but even when an RTM is in place and it is the RTM that is responsible for dealing with consents, I believe the freeholder CAN charge a reasonable admin fee simply for the freeholder's time in reviewing the consent application. This is because the RTM company cannot...
              12-08-2020, 20:33 PM
            • Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
              by KingstonBee
              Wonder if you can help... This week I have received a Court Claim form pack with what seems to include a ‘particulars of claim’ and ‘lease’ for ‘outstanding arrears of Ground rent and insurance’.

Now this is a huge shock as I’ve not received any letters at all, no emails or phone...
              10-06-2020, 20:13 PM
            • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
              by Stew
              sounds like a major win
              12-08-2020, 20:22 PM
            • Reply to Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
              by ChrisDennison
              Well but who’s to judge that intention? If I as the freeholder only want women, kids and one armed pirates in my block of flats and therefore put a restriction of use to that extent in the lease isn’t that my pretty unambiguous intention?

Well put. I have a property with...
              12-08-2020, 19:14 PM
            Working...
            X