Builder in liquidation company took over block management last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Builder in liquidation company took over block management last year

The above situation has happened to myself recently the builder who built our apartment block went into liquidation a number of years ago and in the last year the leasehold was taken up by a company called {Mod - name removed}. Recently {Mod - name removed} have sent us a letter stating we owe them over a £1000 for unpaid service charges.

Our issue is that even when the builder was around they did not manage the grounds at all so we the residents would manage the grounds keep the communial areas in good nick etc etc....

{Mod - name removed}'s letter says that we owe them the service charge for the time prior to them taking on the leasehold due to unpaid service charges etc....we obviously feel this is not right as we are being charged for a service that was not provided by this company

Can anyone help or advise on this matter??

You could start by asking them to detail what exactly they did that warrants payment with dates.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

You and the other leaseholders should have collectively bought the freehold title earlier to stop it falling into the wrong hands .

Now to continue managing the service charge account, the leaseholders need to set up a RTM company.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to collective enfranchisement
        by flyingfreehold
        at risk of answering my own question, the leaseholder has to prove title which is a bit difficult if not registered........
        21-05-2022, 21:23 PM
      • collective enfranchisement
        by flyingfreehold
        Does a leaseholder have to be a registered proprietor to join a collective? Or is it sufficient for her/his/it to be a transferee whose interest is not yet registered?
        21-05-2022, 18:51 PM
      • Reply to Building works & S20 process
        by scot22
        It is relatively simple to administer process. However, definitely engage professional to define necessary work and project manage.

If I can, anybody can.
        21-05-2022, 20:19 PM
      • Building works & S20 process
        by RichA
        Hi. I have a freehold after selling a leasehold flat in a block of 4 flats. We don't currently have a managing agent, so these duties currently fall to me (I am holding off appointing a managing agent whilst the leaseholders consider whether they want to RTM).

The block needs some maintenance...
        21-05-2022, 17:20 PM
      • Reply to collective enfranchisement
        by Tipper
        Ask lease-advice.org
        21-05-2022, 18:59 PM
      • Reply to Levy
        by scot22
        Thanks Gordon. There was no info other than amount and invoice which explained nothing !
        21-05-2022, 17:16 PM
      • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
        by Macromia
        They are correct that the purchase of the freehold has no relevance (although it would allow the three of you to alter the leases if you are all in agreement).

Unless you alter the leases you continue to split service charge costs according to what the terms of your leases say - sharing...
        21-05-2022, 17:14 PM
      • Reply to Changes to lease wording
        by Lawcruncher
        If the leases are going to be for 999 years there is not a lot of point imposing a restriction in such terms. It is also open to interpretation. You have to decide first if you are going to allow subletting at all. That has to depend on what people want. If any owner already sublets then you cannot...
        21-05-2022, 17:09 PM
      • Changes to lease wording
        by bigalxyz
        In the process of buying freehold for our building. 9 participants (from 11 flats).

Our solicitor will extend leases to 999 years for an additional fee if we want to. She has asked, as part of that extension process:

“Are there any amendments that you are seeking to make...
        14-05-2022, 12:27 PM
      • Reply to Levy
        by Macromia
        ...And it still going to depend on what it is for (and on what your lease allows to be charged for, and when.

Service charge demands have to include details such as a service address for the freeholder, and have to be accompanied by an appropriate copy of 'leaseholders rights and responsibilities',...
        21-05-2022, 16:53 PM
      Working...
      X