Freeholders building insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although i should point out that due to continual cock ups by my fh i havnt paid any sc for last 6 years or so.
    Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Variation of lease
      by scampicat
      I own a flat with a lease of 125 years starting from 2012. The ground rent is at present £150 pa, but increases as follows every ten years: £225... .£337.50.... 506.25.... 759.38.... 1139.06.... 1708.59.... 2562.89 ....3844.34. There are no more increases after eighty years. I am considering a variation...
      25-02-2020, 08:57 AM
    • Reply to Variation of lease
      by sgclacy
      A ground rent of £150 per annum increasing by 50% every 10 years until it reaches £3,844.33 with 2 years to go before it makes its first doubling would cost around £7,600 plus 0.33% of the value of the flat to have a statutory lease extension

One of the difficulties in proposing any...
      13-08-2020, 01:08 AM
    • FH forfeits and sells before 6 months window for relief?
      by Loque
      999yr Long lease commercial, lessee in breach, S146 served, S146 expires without being complied with, FH re-enters and changes locks.

Now... LH can go to court to claim relief from forfeiture for the remediable breach, usually within 6 months or so. BUT lets say once FH has re-entered he...
      12-08-2020, 13:26 PM
    • Reply to FH forfeits and sells before 6 months window for relief?
      by sgclacy
      Once the Land Registry have closed the title and a new lease granted there is no redress for the lessee seeking relief from forfeiture

The land registry will write to any party shown in the charges register and the tenant before closing the title - therefore illustrating the need to make...
      13-08-2020, 00:03 AM
    • RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
      by chris1544
      We have RTM in place for our two flat building. Recently the other leaseholder put in a request to the RTM company to install an air vent. I duly wrote to the freeholder, notifying them of our intention to grant approval for the works, giving them the statutory 30 days notice.

They have...
      12-08-2020, 11:04 AM
    • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
      by Gordon999
      Its in section 98 of Commonhold &Leasehold Reform Act 2002.

Where a person who is—

(a)landlord under a long lease of the whole or any part of the premises, or

(b)party to such a lease otherwise than as landlord or tenant,

has functions in relation...
      12-08-2020, 22:27 PM
    • Reply to RTM - Admin Fees Charged by Freeholder
      by Lorimer
      There isn't much case law on this but even when an RTM is in place and it is the RTM that is responsible for dealing with consents, I believe the freeholder CAN charge a reasonable admin fee simply for the freeholder's time in reviewing the consent application. This is because the RTM company cannot...
      12-08-2020, 20:33 PM
    • Reply to Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
      by Stew
      sounds like a major win
      12-08-2020, 20:22 PM
    • Late ground rent payment charge & legal fees no warnings
      by KingstonBee
      Wonder if you can help... This week I have received a Court Claim form pack with what seems to include a ‘particulars of claim’ and ‘lease’ for ‘outstanding arrears of Ground rent and insurance’.

Now this is a huge shock as I’ve not received any letters at all, no emails or phone...
      10-06-2020, 20:13 PM
    • Reply to Can I let this freehold indefinately ?
      by ChrisDennison
      Well but who’s to judge that intention? If I as the freeholder only want women, kids and one armed pirates in my block of flats and therefore put a restriction of use to that extent in the lease isn’t that my pretty unambiguous intention?

Well put. I have a property with...
      12-08-2020, 19:14 PM
    Working...
    X