want to sell freehold - do I have to give notice of first refusal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
    Yes, it would.

However if you plan to sell the FH in the future, I suggest that you purchase it in the name of a company as then you can sell the company, which owns the FH, and avoid the R2FR.

If you otoh offer to involve the other LH, it means that you have the means and "rules" in place.
    Thanks for that LHA.

Ultimately if I own the FH in my name and the lease in joint names I will be in the same position as the OP is now, the other LH won't be able to exercise RFR, so when its time to sell I will serve a section 5 notice let it expire/reject it and then I am free to sell to whoever.

The whole RFR process is very flawed when only a few leases are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      That advice would be wrong, this is after all what I do.
      I don't doubt that, but trying to convince solicitors of that

Comment

They are so silly- the LH cannot exercise the right without your agreement or participation.

If it were two leaseholders and you a seperate FH and LH 1 said no, then I would agree, they could always change their mind, but not in this case.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X