Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd co. management meetings

Hello

I am not sure if this is the correct topic to ask this under. Myself and 7 other flat owners manage our block of 8 flats. We have formed our own limited company to do this along with a bank account etc. This has been running for sometime now. The question is, is there any law stating how often we should have meetings amongst us to discuss issues regarding the flats? At the moment we are having them once a year but I'm not sure if this is ok for a ltd company?

Thanks for any advice...

You have to have an A.G.M. once a year, but that is not for discussing
    maintenence.

You meet as often as you wish. evey month / 3 months / 6 months,
    but only the directors meet to discus / delegate who does what,
    how is the maintenence going, are all the quotes in, what is the
    maintenence program for the next 5 years, arewe saving enough
    to
    meet projected maintence for next year / next 5 years.

If like me, you are trusted to run the place properly, manage the
    fire and safety report, get the ball rolling on items found to needed
    to be done, then once a year may be fine.

If you need a lot of money over the next 5 years, someone HAS
    to advise, maybe have meetings, maybe force people to obey
    the lease. ( You may find it says the property MUST be maintained
    in good order, and not when things fall off or down )

Hope above helps.

R.a.M.

Comment

You only need to have an AGM if your articles require you to and can pass a resolution to not hold, or do have, them.

As you are unaware of thr repsonsibilites I suggest you purchase the following:

http://www.flat-living.co.uk/arma-tr...-directors/p33
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Some light reading can be found at http://ram2.hostbyet2.com/
        when you are up to it.

Comment

Thanks for advice everyone

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• collective enfranchisement
            by flyingfreehold
            Does a leaseholder have to be a registered proprietor to join a collective? Or is it sufficient for her/his/it to be a transferee whose interest is not yet registered?
            21-05-2022, 18:51 PM
          • Reply to collective enfranchisement
            by flyingfreehold
            at risk of answering my own question, the leaseholder has to prove title which is a bit difficult if not registered........
            21-05-2022, 21:23 PM
          • Building works & S20 process
            by RichA
            Hi. I have a freehold after selling a leasehold flat in a block of 4 flats. We don't currently have a managing agent, so these duties currently fall to me (I am holding off appointing a managing agent whilst the leaseholders consider whether they want to RTM).

The block needs some maintenance...
            21-05-2022, 17:20 PM
          • Reply to Building works & S20 process
            by scot22
            It is relatively simple to administer process. However, definitely engage professional to define necessary work and project manage.

If I can, anybody can.
            21-05-2022, 20:19 PM
          • Reply to collective enfranchisement
            by Tipper
            Ask lease-advice.org
            21-05-2022, 18:59 PM
          • Reply to Levy
            by scot22
            Thanks Gordon. There was no info other than amount and invoice which explained nothing !
            21-05-2022, 17:16 PM
          • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
            by Macromia
            They are correct that the purchase of the freehold has no relevance (although it would allow the three of you to alter the leases if you are all in agreement).

Unless you alter the leases you continue to split service charge costs according to what the terms of your leases say - sharing...
            21-05-2022, 17:14 PM
          • Reply to Changes to lease wording
            by Lawcruncher
            If the leases are going to be for 999 years there is not a lot of point imposing a restriction in such terms. It is also open to interpretation. You have to decide first if you are going to allow subletting at all. That has to depend on what people want. If any owner already sublets then you cannot...
            21-05-2022, 17:09 PM
          • Changes to lease wording
            by bigalxyz
            In the process of buying freehold for our building. 9 participants (from 11 flats).

Our solicitor will extend leases to 999 years for an additional fee if we want to. She has asked, as part of that extension process:

ÔÇťAre there any amendments that you are seeking to make...
            14-05-2022, 12:27 PM
          • Reply to Levy
            by Macromia
            ...And it still going to depend on what it is for (and on what your lease allows to be charged for, and when.

Service charge demands have to include details such as a service address for the freeholder, and have to be accompanied by an appropriate copy of 'leaseholders rights and responsibilities',...
            21-05-2022, 16:53 PM
          Working...
          X