ARMA-Q - Regulation of Managing Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMA-Q - Regulation of Managing Agents

Interesting piece of the regulation of managing agents.

http://leaseholdlife.info/index.php/...ore-protection

What I found amusing was the comment "Leaseholders should be able to expect a quality service when it comes to the management of their home. If they use an unregulated managing agent, they could be opening themselves up to poor practice"

If THEY !, now unless you have an RTM in place a LH will have no say on who the FH chooses as a MA and in my case they are one and the same.

Andy
    Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Originally posted by andydd View Post
    If THEY !, now unless you have an RTM in place a LH will have no
    say on who the FH chooses as a MA and in my case they are one
    and the same. Andy
    VERY true.

But we used a regulated "ARMA" managing agent once
    ( and never again ) and they were useless.
    Codes of practice, Charters are all unworkable if some agents
    are totaly inept.

Regulate via law is the only way.

R.a.M.

Comment

If they form a residents association they must be consulted under the 87 act. If an unregulated is used then rtm is the way to go.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X