Registration fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration fee

I am being asked to pay a fee in relation to a re-mortgage of a flat that is for registration and notice of transfer and charge.
    Can someone clarify what that is.

There is normally a clause inside most long leases which requires the leaseholder to serve a notice of transfer after a sale, assignment or mortgage charge on the Lessor ( freeholder) and pay a fee for registration of the notice.

Comment

Originally posted by MPA View Post
      I am being asked to pay a fee in relation to a re-mortgage of a flat that is for registration and notice of transfer and charge.
      Can someone clarify what that is.
      No this is a notice of charge, look through the lease to see if you are required to give notice of charge as transfer is selling or underletting ( renting out) the property.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

So what does the freeholder do with a notice of transfer and charge to warrant a fee? What is a acceptable fee to be charged.

Comment

Oh for goodness sake : ) if you choose to re mortgage then there is administrative time altering and changing records. it is trite law that this sort of fee should be @ £25.
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X