service charge issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like to thank you all for your honest advice and support, wouldn't have known where to start... i will keep you all posted on the outcome.
    thanks again.

Comment

Hi Siva,

got response back from DCA with service charge statements, and in their letter they said the MA "are unaware of this claim claim and have requested you to provide further infomation". As the letter above; dates and claim numbers was given, what more do they want.

I also noticed from the statement over £500 for court cost and solicitors fees were added (struck out claim). Please advice.

kind regards.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Freeholder Premium to consent
        by Lawcruncher
        I was interrupted while writing post 12 and posted it before reading posts 10 and 11.

Of course if any improvement involves extending into an area not included in the demise the landlord can demand a premium for extending the area of the demise. Any discussion about how the premium should...
        12-08-2022, 11:12 AM
      • Freeholder Premium to consent
        by Limply
        Hi all,

I am looking at extending my leasehold flat by adding a newbuild next to the loft (will be erected on top of the first floor). I have just asked my freeholder for the process to follow. In the past they have asked me to pay a "Landlord’s premium for the consent to be established
        11-08-2022, 16:20 PM
        by Lawcruncher
        "...not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed" does indeed indicate there is no absolute prohibition. No premium can be charged, only legal or other expenses properly incurred in connection with the consent. If the landlord comes up with silly figures or wants a fee to consider whether he...
        12-08-2022, 11:01 AM
        by AndrewDod
        Not sure I am following your answer here Lawcruncher
        In this case the proposal is to build outside of their demise.
        Certainly there is no computed entitlement, but if agreed the premium is likely to be at least half the added value. So it falls into your (1) with that as a typical premium....
        12-08-2022, 10:57 AM
        by Section20z
        The OP appears to want to extend his demise upwards into land he does not own and has no rights over. In these circumstances I would certainly be charging a large premium, strikes me as no different to granting previously undemised loft space.
        I know many canny freeholders have already granted...
        12-08-2022, 10:47 AM
        by Lawcruncher
        The notion that a landlord is entitled to an uplift if the tenant improves is widespread but entirely misconceived. When a long lease is granted at a full premium and ground rent the value in the bricks and mortar shifts so that it becomes tenant's percentage = very high and landlord's percentage =...
        12-08-2022, 10:01 AM
        by AndrewDod
        Those are all good points on the semantics. I suppose the practical issue is getting through the heads of purchasers of a lease that in a sense they are purchasing a contract, not a property - without overcomplicating it by telling them that everyone has a contract. Because the general public doesn't...
        12-08-2022, 09:42 AM
        by Lawcruncher
        Please see this thread: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...leasehold-flat....
        12-08-2022, 09:25 AM
      • Water leak. Who's responsible
        by Al123
        Not sure what the appropriate subtopic is, so decided to post this here.

A leak happened during the tenancy, and the management company is now forcing me to pay for the repairs to the flat below. All of my appliances and pipework have been thoroughly checked and tested by an independent...
        12-08-2022, 08:08 AM
      • Reply to Water leak. Who's responsible
        by jpkeates
        Unless there's something in the lease, which would be unusual, the onus isn't on you to prove that there wasn't a leak from your flat.
        It's for the management company or the downstairs neighbour to show that there was a leak and that it was due to your (or your tenant or tradesmen's negligence)....
        12-08-2022, 09:11 AM
      Working...
      X