Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease query

Hi

Apologies for what maybe a very basic question but can someone explain to a novice what the below means:

"Not to assign underlet or part with the possession of or allow any other person to use or occupy part only of the flat"

Does this mean the flat cannot be sublet or just that part of it cannot be sublet?

Thanks in advance!

See post :

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?53674-Help-With-My-Lease-On-Buy-To-Let-Flat

which will give you a better insight ( posted this month )

R.a.M.

Comment

That means not to let out part of it or, which you can safely ignore not let anyone else occupy the flat, so no partners or significant others apparently..

Is the only reference to underletting in the lease, commonly people stop at the first bit they find.
      Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to RTM Company Member Incorporation
        by Milhouse
        If there are 50% of the leaseholders as members when the RTM company takes over (as required), then most of those leaseholders sell up and cease to be members, leaving 1 member of the RTM, there is nothing to currently say this is wrong, so the membership level can be anything (of course not zero) after...
        25-06-2022, 13:48 PM
      • RTM Company Member Incorporation
        by Neil M82
        Hi,

Apologies is this is in the wrong forum section but does anyone know how to go about adding a member (not a director) to a RTM company several years after the company was formed?
        23-06-2022, 19:40 PM
      • Reply to EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
        by Milhouse
        mcdonaa8,

Firstly I fully feel your predicament.

Based on PAS9980 there will be a risk from the wooden flooring on the balconies since it will be a way for fire to jump the building in the event of a balcony fire, caused by some reckless resident throwing a cigarette off theirs...
        25-06-2022, 12:54 PM
      • EWS1 scandal - can anything be done?
        by mcdonaa8
        I own a flat in East London which I loved living in. However in July 2019 I had a child and moved in with the misses and rented my flat out on a permission to let.

Due to the EWS1 scandal I have found myself, like many others, unable to remortgage. My existing lender won't offer any deals...
        16-06-2022, 15:38 PM
        by Milhouse
        There is no requirement to hold the membership register with companies house, it should be maintained at the head office of the RTM and made available for inspection by members.

All companies limited by guarantee (as well as other types of company) are required to keep a Register of Members...
        25-06-2022, 12:42 PM
        by Gordon999
        Neil M82,

I suggest you send email enquiry to Companies House asking "how to file new member's details for RTM company ( limited by guarantee )" ?
        25-06-2022, 12:14 PM
        by Milhouse
        Hi Eagle, the model articles do not make it a condition that they pay for the setup costs to become a member, any leaseholder is entitled to become a member.
        25-06-2022, 12:05 PM
        by Neil M82
        There are six, five of which participated in the formation of the RTM company. I've already done exactly what you have suggested & asked them to contribute 1/6 of the original costs & split that equally between the original five leaseholders. I was just wondering if there's anything I need to...
        25-06-2022, 11:55 AM
        by eagle2
        How many leaseholders are there in total? If a leaseholder did not participate originally and is now seeking to become a member, you should make it a condition that he/she pays a contribution towards the initial costs. You should then credit the 6 leaseholders in the proportion in which they contributed...
        25-06-2022, 04:53 AM
      • Advice on claim for legal expenses by landlord over missing Ground Rent
        by L.Dina
        Hello, I'm hoping someone can offer some advice to help me and my sister. We inherited our Dad's flat a couple of years ago and I have been bills as and when they come in. Unfortunately, it seems that the landlord has been sending Ground Rent bills directly to the flat and we haven't seen these at all....
        23-06-2022, 10:45 AM
      Working...
      X