A new lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new lease.

I have been enquiring about a flat that I am interested in, I got this email from the agent:

1. a new lease will be issued upon completion of 125 years
    2. Ground rent is currently £75 per annum but could increase SLIGHTLY once the lease has been extended
    3. The huge demand for two beds in the area can generated a rental income of approx £950-£1000 per month.
    4. Insurances are arranged with the owner directly, something i will have to ask him.

Could someone advise me here please.

The previous lease still has 98yrs to run.

When the agent says "a new lease will be issued upon completion of 125 years", does this mean that it will already be paid for leaving no cost to me?

Shoulds I ask that the lease not be renewed so I can renew it negotiating a peppercorn lease?

It depends how much you are paying for the extra 27 years and how much rent you are going to pay, "slightly increase? **** off and give me a figure " would be my reply

vs

the price as is and the cost of a statutory extension of 98 - 2 years waiting time, 97, plus 90 years and no rent.

Building insurance is normally arranged by the freeholder. You would take landlords cover for the flat and risk as you see fit, where a building policy does not provide cover, eg contents owners liability etc.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      It depends how much you are paying for the extra 27 years and how much rent you are going to pay, "slightly increase? **** off and give me a figure " would be my reply

vs

the price as is and the cost of a statutory extension of 98 - 2 years waiting time, 97, plus 90 years and no rent.

Building insurance is normally arranged by the freeholder. You would take landlords cover for the flat and risk as you see fit, where a building policy does not provide cover, eg contents owners liability etc.
      Yes, it does depend on how much rent.

Comment

And the rent is.....
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Old managing agents accounts
          by jazzythumper
          Since obtaining the RTM and changing the managing agent, we have never been given full accounts / receipts for the previous year(s). We believe that as the old freeholder and leaser holder of one of the flats were represented by the same solicitor that prior to the sale of the freehold, we were subsidising...
          20-05-2022, 11:21 AM
        • Reply to Old managing agents accounts
          by eagle2
          I suggest that you apply to or take action against the freeholder directly, the agent is only acting on behalf of the freeholder. If you think that the freeholder is likely to supply information, you can ask him to volunteer it otherwise you will apply to the Tribunal. If he is unlikely to volunteer...
          26-05-2022, 05:38 AM
          by jazzythumper
          would this be a good starting point?

https://www.lease-advice.org/faq/how...eing-used-for/...
          25-05-2022, 15:37 PM
          by jazzythumper
          As in a simple application to the old managing agent Or freeholder? Which one?

To provide all accounts and payments based on the fact that we disagree with the charges? How far back can we go? And does having paid the service charges mean we have agreed to these?

Thanks for...
          25-05-2022, 15:31 PM
        • Reply to Freehold confusion
          by Section20z
          It's never advisable , it can cause serious issues if you have a claim affecting communal areas. For buildings insurance the whole property should be covered and the cost split between the two flats.
          The only problem with an absent freeholder is that when selling the flat a pernickity solicitor...
          25-05-2022, 10:02 AM
        • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
          by Stu1020
          eagle2,

Thank you for the response.
          25-05-2022, 09:40 AM
        • Reply to Freehold confusion
          by AndrewDod
          There is no cast iron rule that the freehold "share" has to be transferred with any sale. You may need to purchase it from the friend (or his estate)....
          25-05-2022, 09:22 AM
        • Share of feehold/shared service charges?
          by Stu1020
          Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and looking for advice on a sticky freehold situation.

I own a two-bed flat in a converted building with two one-beds. The lease states that a fair proportion is payable towards the service charge. However, there has been a running agreement of...
          20-05-2022, 11:39 AM
        • Reply to Share of feehold/shared service charges?
          by eagle2
          I suggest that you ask the other 2 leaseholders to explain why they consider that the current allocation is fair. The freeholder has the right to review the allocation from time to time. Unfortunately, a "fair proportion" means that several alternatives would be considered reasonable to a...
          25-05-2022, 06:27 AM
        • RTM Hand Over Issues
          by martin15
          RTM handing over issues

Our RTM companies comprise 4 blocks of 6 identical two bedroom flats and each block is registered at Companies House as a separate company.
          Following the acquisition date, it was discovered the former directors ignored legal advice and changed property management companies...
          23-05-2022, 19:36 PM
        Working...
        X