Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landlord did not provide final invoice for works

Hi,
    I would like to ask, when the latest we can ask our landlord for the final invoice from works he had done to our property and we paid for. Works were done almost a year ago and we asked for the final invoice however never received one.
    Thank you.

Your flat or your block?
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Or your leasehold house ?

Comment

we are 4 leasehold flats in converted house. Cost of works were split between all 4 flats.

Comment

Have a look at your lease as to how costs are calculated and when any actual costs are certified, most leases require that to be done on annual basis.

You can also request a summary as in the sticky http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...-LTA-1985-s-21
          Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Hi, I've read through our lease, costs are split equally among all 4 flats. No mentioning of costs being certified.

Can I still request a summary now, when works happened last year in March? What I understand from the link you provided, we can request the summary of all cost for the period of 12 months prior to the request. Is that correct?

thank you.

Comment

I think you'll find everything you need here : http://www.grbuk.com/Docs/Tenant_rights.pdf

Comment

Hi, the link covers the right to a written statement of account in respect of the service charges. We do not pay regular service charges (apart from insurance), therefore I am not sure if this apply to our case.

thank you.

Comment

If it is not a service charge covered by the Landlord & Tenant Act what is it?

Comment

it is a service charge and yes it is covered and the earlier sticky is for the 12 months pre dating the request.

however do read your lease fully.

Comment

Originally posted by MCPH View Post
                      If it is not a service charge covered by the Landlord & Tenant Act what is it?
                      I am not sure. We pay for any work done when it is carried out. I though the service charge is regular (ie. yearly) payment.

Would this mean the payment we did almost a year ago to cover the works is service charge and as such we can still ask for the summary?

Thank you.

Comment

Service charge doesnt have to be 'regular'. Read you lease and find out what is says about the freeholder recovering costs from the tenants.

Yes you can ask for the summary and he has to provide it within 28 days (or six months of a year end date).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X