Landlord upstairs does not want to get out a contractor promptly for a leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord upstairs does not want to get out a contractor promptly for a leak

The landlord for the property upstairs to the one I own does not want to get a contractor out until the weekend, leaving their property to leak constantly into mine. I suggested getting my own contractor to do it and billing the owner for the property above for it but they did not want to do this.

My tenant is absolutely outraged, as am I, what are my rights?

Depending on how bad the damage is getting, it seems that the work should get done ASAP and ask for compensation later.

If not, you will end up with damaged property and still be in the position of asking for compensation.

I seem to remember there are certaian cases where it is permissible to have works carried out without the landlords prior permission - this would seem to me to be one of those cases.

Wait for a few more replies first, because I'm not entirely sure since it's not your property that has the problem.

Comment

Have you spoken to the building management company? What did they suggest?
      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X