Reassignment of Long Lease following death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reassignment of Long Lease following death

Can anybody please tell me what the process will be once the death of a long leaseholder takes place. Does the representative of the Tenant need to request the Landlord reassign the Lease, if to be transferred to another family member.

it is held by the estate, if the estate transfers it to a family member, whether by the will or sale, it is an assignment and notice msut be given.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholdanswers View Post
      it is held by the estate, if the estate transfers it to a family member, whether by the will or sale, it is an assignment and notice msut be given.
      What happens if there is a dispute on the demised premises with the Landlord, property extended without formal regularization of the Lease, can Landlord realistically refused to assign? Thanks

Comment

If there is breach of the lease they can withold consent- regularise it by retrospective consent- or assert waiver if they knew about it and have since demanded ground rent and or service charge.
        Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X