Holiday Home leasehold legislation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Home leasehold legislation

We have purchased a leasehold holiay home recently and are planning to let it next year to holidaymakers. We are novices so would value finding any helpful resources and to understand legislation particularly for holiday lets rather than residential. Does anybody on this form have any good advise or can point us to any good sources of information.
    We are also interested in more fully understanding our options with our leaseholder who seems a bit of a mystery person?
    Thnk you Kevin

When you say 'with our leaseholder' you surely mean freeholder, you are the leaseholder.

Firstly, make sure the lease allows letting, and if it does is there a cost for obtaining consent, also the issue of insurance maybe affected, most insurance is obtained on the basis that it will be occupied by a single family, not lots of different ones.

Other than that, it may not really be a leasehold issue.

Andy
    Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

1. For some towns, holiday letting business requires local council consent.

2. Does the wording in your lease require you to pay annual buildings insurance to freeholder ? and does lease wording allow for flat to let as "holiday lettings" ?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X