Freehold ground rent landlord- can I advertise on property ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freehold ground rent landlord- can I advertise on property ?

I own the freeholds to some buildings which contain leaseholders. They pay me their ground rents.
    I would like to know what the law/logic would stipulate about the erection of advertising on a vacant exterior wall of the building.
    Would I have entitlement to erect anything?
    Would/could they file objections during the consent process? Could their views be taken into consideration during any consent process?

Normally any work that needs to be done to the fabric of the building is undertaken by the landlord and charged back to the leasee's.

I want to know if there are rules which prevent the erection of something like this on the exterior of the building because even though it might cover the exterior wall of one/some of the leasee's flats, I am the landlord.

I look forward to any views and oppinions.
    Thank you...

They would object during the planning process and would object to any costs that it might incur through it's presence, as well as any nuisance (noise or maintenance, that might be a breach of quiet enjoyment.

You should also check that the leases do not prevent you from doing so, by confirming that the wall is reserved to you. You are going to get claims, in most cases for diminution value and saleability, so while the likelihood is that you can do it, it will not be an easy ride for some time. Anything you do will face opposition.
    Based on the information posted, I offer my thoughts.Any action you then take is your liability. While commending individual effort, there is no substitute for a thorough review of documents and facts by paid for professional advisers.

Comment

You need to apply to local council for consent to place advertisement or even change the rotten wooden fences to metal railings.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X